Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

OK

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 616 Total Views

So I was molested at a very young age and im 25 years old now. But I still feel the hurt and pain inside. Its like I have never got over it or dealt with it at all. My husband does things and I get freaked out. I have been with him for seven years and I like to get other Mensa attention and I don't know why? Its like I feel good when another man gives me a complement. I don't know what to do? I try and talk to m husband but he gets mad and says why is he being punished for things that he didn't do. I just cant get over it. I  could scream sometimes because the pain is still there and has never gone away. I am some what of a sexual person but not as I should be at 25 yrs old. My husband wants it all the time but I don't. I don't know what to do. I feel like a basket case sometimes. I should have been over it by now but im not. It just sucks.

by on Aug. 27, 2008 at 3:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
TeresaJones5
by on Aug. 28, 2008 at 11:30 PM

First off you are not alone in this soo many of us are still dealing with the abuse from long ago. It will get easier. Are you going to counseling by yourself or with your husband? If not I think it might be a good idea, I know counseling helped me out alot I found someone that specialized in child sexual abuse and she was great.I think you should after going to a counselor by yourself for a little bit you should bring your husband in on a few sessions or find a marriage counselor so you can talk to him in a neutral place. I also started to write a journal and everytime I remembered something or just had a bad day I wrote in it.

Do whatever helps you get your frustration out like draw or paint, write poetry or a story. When I was going to my counselor she was doing "The Courage To Heal" Workbook with me and it helped as well.

We are here for you whenever you need us.

If you ever want to talk Pm me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)