Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The prosecutor handling our case has been fired.

Posted by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 1:38 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 606 Total Views

First, the one quit. Without even a phone call. I had been talking to this woman (from juvenile court)on an almost weekly basis. I mean, I know it's not really her responsibility, but couldn't she just call and say "hey, i'm leaving but so and so will be taking over from here." ? ?  ?

Then the other woman (from adult court who was a witch!) told me a few weeks ago this case will be going to theGrand Jury for indictment this month, probably around the 17th. Now I read in the paper today she was fired. And I found the Grand Jury listing for our Judge, and it was yesterday, and our case wasn't listed. I swear I just don't know what to do anymore. It seems like our case just keeps disappearing (literally, they always have to "find" it when I call) or keeps being delayed. Nothing here is on an electronic file, it's all just a big stack of papers. His mom is trying to make a name for herself in the political world here (big freaking joke if you ask me) and I swear she knows someone who keeps losing it. Maybe I'm just over-reacting there, but I can't help but wonder why it's always lost, and always postponed.

I just wish we could get it over with already. It's been a year and half. Will we ever see justice? Please continue to pray for our family. I am trying to tell myself this is GOD's will and it will all work out better for us this way, but it's just so DAMN frustrating! I hate that he lives so freaking close (around the corner) and that my DD can't visit her grandparents b/c of this, and that we can't move.

Why is it that even after the fact, the victims of abuse continue to be punished? It's just not fair.

by on Mar. 4, 2009 at 1:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Lark280
by New Member on Mar. 5, 2009 at 8:36 AM

Have you seeked any legal help from elsewhere?  Hiring your own lawyer at this point might be beneficial, they would be able to help you through the maze that is our judicial system.  I have been lucky enough that my step-dad is a lawyer and has helped us out several times when we would have been lost.

Good luck hun and just remember that this fight is for her and the piece of mind knowing that he is in jail will be worth it!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)