Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Scared for my SS

Posted by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 746 Total Views

My SS has been living with us for 2 years now because he was being sexually abused by his oldest brother. We have no allowed him to return to his mothers, we have full custody since this happened, because the oldest brother was still in the house. Well, yesterday his BM called and said that the oldest had been removed from the home and is in juvenile detention center because he didnt stop sexually abusing his other brother and some other kids. SO now she wants SS to come see her for the summer where she still has the one son in the home who was also being abused. I'm just so scared that this boy will turn around and do it to my SS while hes there for the summer! I've been having the "good touch" and "bad touch" talks with him but I dont think he would tell us if it happened again. To him when he told the first time it made him not be able to see his mom for 2 yrs now...she wasnt willing to come to us to see him at our expense! UGH I'm just so upset and its making me sick! She still have 3 grown men living in her home and her oldest son, the offender, didnt just decide to do this out of the blue he had to of been abused himself!!!! PLEASE HELP!!! My husband tells me its not my place and hes going for the summer but he just wont see reason and I dont know what else to do! I want him to see his mother but I want it to be in a safe enviroment!!!

by on Mar. 27, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
Goodwoman614
by on Mar. 28, 2009 at 12:23 AM

That is so tough.  Especially the part where your husband tells you it is not your place!  You are his wife, and the child's step mom and you clearly love and care for the boy.  I don't know how old he is...but this would unsettle me as well.  Is there a counselor or therapist you have taken or still take him to, that you could consult with about this? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)