Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is it OK to Lose Weight on Fertility Meds?

Posted by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 228 Total Views

Does anyone know anything about if it's ok  to lose weight while on fertility meds, such as Clomid?  I've lost 10 lbs and really want to lose 10-20 more lbs, but don't want to wait too long to go back on Clomid since I have no idea how much longer it will take me to get pregnant.  Any ideas?  Thanks!

by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 1:00 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
adphillips06
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 10:39 AM

I'm on clomid and have been exercising this cycle and lost 7lbs. My doctor told me that its important to be a healthy weight for you ferility and as long as your not exercising to hard. I plan to slow it down a little during my two week wait to see if I'm pregnant. The stationary bikes are good during pregnancy and so are weights that arn't to straining. Good luck.

ConnersMom03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:37 AM

Thanks, I really want to keep exercising and losing weight.  I'm not too overweight at 166, but still want to lose more.  I want to keep running on the treadmill and doing Wii Fit, exercise ball, getting a My Fitness Coach Wii game soon.  I guess maybe I'll have to ask my dr about the running.  But I'm glad it sounds like I will still be able to lose weight when I go back on Clomid. Thanks!

ConnersMom03
by on Jan. 27, 2009 at 11:38 AM

Congrat's on losing 7 lbs and Baby Dust!!

miasmommy21407
by Group Owner on Jan. 27, 2009 at 4:31 PM

I agree with the PP. It's OK to lose weight while going through fertility treaments as long as your doing it in a healthy weigh and at a healthy rate.

adphillips06
by New Member on Jan. 27, 2009 at 7:20 PM

I weigh 165 and I'm about 5' 5''. The runing is usually okay during the first trimester... but since I have had previous miscarriages I dont plan to run or do to much exercise.

Do you like the Wii fit? I have a wii and have been trying to talk my husband into buying me the wii fit.

Quoting ConnersMom03:

Thanks, I really want to keep exercising and losing weight.  I'm not too overweight at 166, but still want to lose more.  I want to keep running on the treadmill and doing Wii Fit, exercise ball, getting a My Fitness Coach Wii game soon.  I guess maybe I'll have to ask my dr about the running.  But I'm glad it sounds like I will still be able to lose weight when I go back on Clomid. Thanks!

ConnersMom03
by on Jan. 28, 2009 at 3:37 AM

I really like the Wii Fit.  It's really fun since the exercises are like mini games.  There are 4 categories of exercises:  yoga, strength exercises, aerobics, and balance exercises.  My fav games are table tilt, hula hoop, ski slolom, and running.  It keeps track of your workouts, weight, BMI, etc on a calendar for you so it is good to be able to see progress.  I really like the Wii Fit.  I think My Fitness Coach looks really fun, too.  It is a Wii Game (not Wii Fit).  I'm planning to get it, hopefully this weekend.  I like to change up how I exercise from the treadmill, Wii Fit, Wii Sports, exercise ball, exercise videos to keep it interesting.

Quoting adphillips06:

I weigh 165 and I'm about 5' 5''. The runing is usually okay during the first trimester... but since I have had previous miscarriages I dont plan to run or do to much exercise.

Do you like the Wii fit? I have a wii and have been trying to talk my husband into buying me the wii fit.

Quoting ConnersMom03:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)