Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi, I'm new to the group and would love any advice....

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 394 Total Views
Hi, my name is Jennifer, I have Heather(15 in Aug) and Hayley (5 years old) and Jason my truck driving hubby.  When we met my hubby worked the docks and had strange hours.  Then he went to the city as a driver and now this is our first week that he has been on the road.  He left on Sunday and won't be back until Thursday or Friday!!!  So I was wondering if any of you would have any advice or would just like to talk.  I am also new to cafemom, feel free to comment anytime... Thanks
by on Jul. 25, 2007 at 10:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
nicholandria
by New Member on Jan. 21, 2008 at 4:17 PM
I was asked all the time how i could handle being a drivers wife and i said cause i had the best of both worlds. No one to tell me i couldn't do or go somewhere and when he's home he's so touchy feely! Truth is tho it can be hard. Talk to him on the phone, mine calls incessintly while he's driving, and keep him updated. And just think its a week at a time, not a month. At first keep busy with kids and that will help pass time, and if you can't sleep get a body pillow or sleep in one of his shirts sprayed with his cologne. You get used to it. The good byes can be hard but the welcome homes can be great!!!!
One day at a time, no matter what may be thrown my way. Boy I hope that really works!
bahamamomma
by Group Owner on Jun. 6, 2008 at 9:05 PM
being a truck drivers wife is really hard.  not every woman can handle it.  i thank my mom many times for making me a strong woman.  my dad worked for the railroad and his job was similar to my husbands.  he was never home for the important events in my life and when he was home he was always sleeping.  just be strong, learn to do everything yourself and then when he is around take a vacation from the chores.  my husband and i do a lot of talking on the phone that when we are together we have nothing to say.  but i like that, just laying next to him is great.  good luck and know that you are never alone.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)