Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just an update

Posted by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:56 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 230 Total Views

I have not been posting much but my daughter Andrea has not had a seizure for 2 years....well that was until last Friday at school. She was getting ready to sit down at her desk and fell to the ground,passed out & started shaking (that is what her whole class told the teacher and nurse) so  I took her to her doctor and they put her back on triliptol well I went to fill it and then they called the pharmacy and told them not to because her neurologist is changing it to Keptra. Well because our insurance needs it to be over ride they couldn't fill it and they would not even give me a 4 day emergency supply so Friday night she had no medication in her and had another seizure during the night. Finally Saturday I called her Dr. office told them what happened and they called there mad so I got a 3 day emergency supply until they can over ride it today. I am so tired it has been such a long weekend trying to stay up and watch her & deal with the pharmacy and get her medication. Now I get to deal with dr. offices and make appt. for. Sorry so long but just wanted to update everyone on what is going on with her. Keeping all of you in my prayers & thoughts & when I find out more I will update you.

xoxo

by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 7:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mom223
by on Nov. 9, 2009 at 8:09 AM

I am sorry for u mama do u know why she gets this seizure's? I had epilepsy from the age of 9-21 so I know how u must feel seeing ur daughter like that. I will keep u and ur fam in my thoughts and prayers.

LIZARD66
by Group Owner on Nov. 9, 2009 at 9:18 AM

OMG!!!!!!!! I would be on the phone to a lawyer to sue the G D pharm!!!!!!!!!!! A pharmacy, of all people, MUST know that no med all of a sudden can trigger LIFE-THREATENING STATUS SEIZURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be throwing people through walls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

angryshoutingbanging head into wall

I hope she's better!!

hugging

LIZARD :(

43 yo mom with lifelong epilepsy and other neuro and autoimmune issues, and owner of Epilepsy and Seizure Disorders. Self-advocacy is VITAL to your existence, and it saved my life! Any questions at anytime, please ask!! :)

group hug

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)