Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

need some advice please

Posted by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 279 Total Views
Hi all..I have been having extreme mood changes meaning from feeling high to a bad headache and then a really low mood in a matter of 20 min..I am teary confused and feel like I've ran a marathon..my dr first thort bi polar however the swings are too short so he's sending me off to get tested for seizures ...has anyone experienced this type of behaviour and if it was epilepsy how long before I can drive again?
by on May. 29, 2013 at 10:44 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
acolemjrc
by New Member on Jun. 8, 2013 at 3:38 PM

This is not typical of a seizure, or epilepsy, that I have ever experienced. It does sounds like rapid cycling bi polar, or a manic episode however. The symptoms you describe could be a number of things, but your question is on the vague side as far as what may have triggered this experience. Have you recentey given birth, been taking or stopped taken any medications? There are a substantial amount of factors that could be causing you to feel the ways you are describing. I am sorry you are dealing with this. I hope you have found some assistance.

Timtam007
by New Member on Jun. 9, 2013 at 7:59 AM

No new medications,my youngest is 6 years old.... Ive had these episodes for a number of years, they come and go..I may have 2-3 in a week...Im just so over it and exhausted...thanks for your reply ill keep you updated in what they discover..

Timtam007
by New Member on Sep. 27, 2013 at 9:16 AM
Ive had 2 adnormal EEGS indicating temporal lobe seizures, i start tegretol next week due to being on antibiotics...Can you gain /lose weight on these meds...if anyone has experiences please contact me..
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)