Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

febrile seizure

Posted by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 220 Total Views
my little girl had a fibrile yesterday....24 hours later we are finally home from the hospital.  this was very scary, i was told that no one is ever hurt or damaged during this type of seizure. just wanting to talk a little about it or hear some of your stories
by on Jul. 31, 2007 at 5:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
MomOfAnAngel22
by New Member on Aug. 3, 2007 at 1:04 PM
I know exactly what you are going through. My daughter has had 2 febrile seizures. One was shortly after her second birthday, and the last one was one year later. She is 3 and a half now, and they have told me she will probably have another one. The chances of a child having a febrile seizure is about 5%. Of those kids, about 33% will have a second. If your child has a second febrile seizure, he/she has about a 50% chance of having more. I have done so much research on these seizures because they are so scary. I had my daughter tested for epilepsy and everything came back ok. There really is nothing you can do to stop them because they are triggered by a rapid rise or drop in body temperature. Just remember that these seizures are not dangerous. Make sure to watch your child carefully in the bathtub (that's where my daughter had her first one). Also, they can fall and hit their heads if the seizure starts while they are standing (which is what happened with my daughter in daycare). And also remember you are not alone. You can e-mail me anytime. I check my e-mail frequently. I know how scary this is, and I am always willing to help. kellischlick@gmail.com
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)