Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keppra and my health insurance!!

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 187 Total Views

I call my health insurance, cause they keep denying a medication Keppra (seizure med) because she wants me on the name brand of it not the generic. Now mind you I only have enough Keppra to last me until this thursday night. So I call my neuroligist, and they say the same thing that my insurance is rejecting it too, and that my doc needs to appeal it in writing on why I cant take the generic. And my neuroligist dont have samples in either office.:( So I asked her what are they going to do if my health insurance wont allow me to have what I need. She said they will have no choice to admit me into either Cooper or Lordes in camden until I deliver! So they can make sure I dont have a seizure. Cause in the hospital they have name brand Keppra. Ugh this is frustrating....What would you do?

I am due March 2009 with a baby boy!

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
step-momof2
by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 3:01 PM

I am on Keppra, and my neoro sent a request to the company to get my keppra free.  I don't have insurance and i'm not imployed.  I have get mine free. 

What I would do is ask your pharmacist for a few days worth at a time, i know exspensive it is.  Most pharmacies will do this.  At least until your doc and get the info the ins company needs.

I hope that this helps. And congrates on the new baby!!!

Group Admin for The Step Mom's Club  A place where fellow Stepmoms can vent, share great stories of their family, and get advice.

Group Admin for Plastic Canvas Moms  If you LOVE plastic canvas, you'll LOVE this group.  It is all about PC.  Come join in the fun.  We are having swaps and lots of laughs.  

lilmysknowltal
by Member on Jan. 21, 2009 at 7:27 PM

i agree talk to the pharmacies..........

Quoting step-momof2:

I am on Keppra, and my neoro sent a request to the company to get my keppra free.  I don't have insurance and i'm not imployed.  I have get mine free. 

What I would do is ask your pharmacist for a few days worth at a time, i know exspensive it is.  Most pharmacies will do this.  At least until your doc and get the info the ins company needs.

I hope that this helps. And congrates on the new baby!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)