Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

EDIT: About staff positions

Posted by (♥Kim) on Jan. 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 542 Total Views

I feel really lucky and happy to have been getting to know some really wonderful, intelligent and kind momma's here at cafemom, especially at this group (AMP)

I love what we are aiming to do here:

We are all mom's that will support each other in following our hearts as we get pulled away from some mainstream ways that may not be in line with how much we feel children or other issues matter.

There are all kinds of cultures that children can totally thrive in, its about living in a way that feels authentic to us or fits our inclinations or desires.

Anyway, I am so excited about this group and its potential, and well, I am wanting to have a busy period with staff as we reorganize and brainstorm details involving the administrative kind of work for this group.

Everybody that is presently on staff are wonderful people but when I signed them up it was when I was in a more laid back mood, thinking about my future absences and wanting to be covered.  I feel its unfair to make demands on the present staff under these circumstances especially if they have certain time constraints at this time.  So I am going to start over, and demote all staff, I have no issue or problems with any of them, as I said they are wonderful people and represent a wonderful diversity of alternative ways and a continuum on the mainstream with alternative.  I think this is a great idea because that means that staff represents the membership and that their is bound to be someone on staff that a member can identify with.

The only criteria to be on staff is to be excited about this group and have the time and energy to help me out with the organizing and brainstorming process,  so PM me if your interested in being on staff.  Everyone who was on staff is welcome to be staff again, and if it is ever too much one can ask to be demoted and there will be no hard feelings, I understand.  

what makes this group thrive is the membership, folks making posts and replies.  so even if your not ready for role of being on staff, I am grateful for what you do do!  

Contact me if you like to be admin and this offer stands.  :)

EDIT: I'm very happy with the remodel and the staff team I have, since I increased duties for staff, some staff needed to temporarily step down, they are always welcome back to staff position, just ask.  And truly, the staff here are not perfect experts on parenting, we are mom just trying to do the best we can, and believe this group is very important and doing all we can to help it thrive.  Staff helps with behind the scene stuff that helps this group and the membership stuff that all of us do here to help this group.

any interest in helping with both areas for this group, feel free to inquire.

by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 12:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 1:17 PM

I will change over staff by the end of this week, I temporarily did changes back and forth today, demoting and re promoting. Figured best to have a delay first.

Anyway, in the future, I aim not to ask if one wants to be admin, but instead I will wait for those who want to be admin to come to me, and I will promptly promote them.:)

I will demote anyone who changes there mind, all this promoting or demoting will not effect membership and I totally understand folks to be member or admin as whatever is their preference so I want to honor that.

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 2:11 PM

hopefully at the end of the week I will have some sort of formal job description for what is involved with being on staff so folks can decide if it is something they can do. truly I have been very loosy goosy and I think I'm finally having some clarity of direction and desires. Either way, this group will stay on its path toward greatness, LOL!

KickButtMama shannon
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 8:03 PM

The group's doing great! Thanks for all your hard work!!.

Shannon

smilinghug Raquel
by on Jan. 31, 2010 at 9:01 PM

Kim,

I have time on my hands, and a deep desire to get into something that is ADULT! I would love to help out in anyway that I can, let me know what I can do!!

Toodles,

MyTag.gif picture by smilinghug4

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Feb. 1, 2010 at 4:41 PM

I love this group too, and all the members also, 

I think we are all a bunch of wonderful mommas.

and if you are new to the group and enthusiastic to help, I am happy to promote you to admin too!

:)

dharmagirl
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I really love this group and since I joined have been here ALOT, last week my dd had a cold and it snowed alot so we werent as busy as usual, but I dont expect to be here as much, at least not enough to take on any repsonsibility for the group. But I look fwd to the conversations and plan to keep up as much as I can!

mimanchibella
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 6:15 PM

bump

This is one of the best, BEST groups on Cafemom! :)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Baby Blog: http://oliverisabigbrother.wordpress.com/

Xakana xak
by on Feb. 2, 2010 at 8:35 PM

You really have done a great job moving this group forward, kudos!

baby in slingtoddler girl

Admin: Love and Respect, No [hitting] No CIO and
Alternatives to Mainstream Parenting

Owner: Natural Babies due in January 2009

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)