Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cafemom and iphone, itouch and ipad (update added)

Posted by (♥Kim) on Mar. 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM
  • 17 Replies
  • 1032 Total Views

hi guys!

I have an iphone, I love it, for it makes it easier for me to check internet, anywhere, in bed, in the car, outside, etc.

there are ways to have lots of free applications, when I started my iphone, I only had application for photos but now I can make videos with it because I added ivideo for 99cents with the apps button

the thing is there are many free applications, and many that used to cost something but but become free daily, you can find out about this at:

http://freeappalert.com/

anyway, I have buttons that say cafemom and facebook so I don't have to use safari to get to them

how I did this was, I hit the plus sign and then choose "add to home screen"

Anyway, any of you have one of these apple devices? or any questions about them, please feel to respond.

Update: cafemom now is mobile friendly!!!

by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 3:16 PM

I have a question, there are some apps on my phone that I never use, I was wondering how do I remove them?

smilinghug Raquel
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 3:39 PM

No clue...I don't have an iphone...

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 3:50 PM

LOL! (I was like wow, she can help me with anything!)

Quoting smilinghug:

No clue...I don't have an iphone...

Nammers Nams
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:11 PM

On the ipod touch, I hold my finger on them for a few seconds, until they begin to 'wiggle' then an 'x' appears in the corner of the icon you can touch to delete.   I downloaded the 'facebook' app, makes navigating the site much easier than trying to use safari on the little screen.   I've got about 5 'pages' of apps, most of them free, everything from religious text, to recipies, to games for my 2 year old, to more er... 'adult' interests!

Nams

Quoting Imamom4sure:

I have a question, there are some apps on my phone that I never use, I was wondering how do I remove them?

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:23 PM

aw thanks I'm gonna try that right now, LOL, my "adult" was an application for jokes, but your right there are books and all kind of things, 

my gf just told me there is a flylady type of application for organizing one's schedule and calander called "homeroutine" but it costs $5, she loves it and it does sound awesome, I've just been a bit too cheap to buy it (however I think I will, I'm just hoping it becomes a free one)

I just followed your advise about how to delete and I'm glad for it, but not all applications have an X so I guess they have to stay on the phone (they were applications when I bought them, but truthfully I don't care about stocks and other things that came with the phone, but at least I can remove games as needed, LOL 

Quoting Nammers:

On the ipod touch, I hold my finger on them for a few seconds, until they begin to 'wiggle' then an 'x' appears in the corner of the icon you can touch to delete.   I downloaded the 'facebook' app, makes navigating the site much easier than trying to use safari on the little screen.   I've got about 5 'pages' of apps, most of them free, everything from religious text, to recipies, to games for my 2 year old, to more er... 'adult' interests!

Nams

Quoting Imamom4sure:

Nammers Nams
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:51 PM

I have all that stuff 'shifted' to the 5th or 6th 'page'.

applications when I bought them, but truthfully I don't care about stocks and other things that came with the phone, but at least I can remove games as needed, LOL 

Nams

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 4:59 PM

ooo, great idea!

Quoting Nammers:

I have all that stuff 'shifted' to the 5th or 6th 'page'.

applications when I bought them, but truthfully I don't care about stocks and other things that came with the phone, but at least I can remove games as needed, LOL 

Nams

rkoloms
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 8:18 PM

My 14 year old asked my when apple was coming out with the itampon

Robin in Chicago

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Apr. 3, 2010 at 9:30 PM

ROFL!!!

Quoting rkoloms:

My 14 year old asked my when apple was coming out with the itampon

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Apr. 11, 2010 at 10:22 AM

(from cafemom team)

Currently CafeMom does not have mobile capability.  We do plan to create a more "mobile friendly" version of CafeMom, however that probably will not happen for a while.

In the meantime, here is how to change your settings on your iPhone so you can reply:

Go to Settings.
Go to Safari.
Turn off Java Script, 
plug ins, and block pop ups.

You should be able to reply at that point.  It isn't a perfect way to be able to use the site on the iPhone (the SweetPeas, spell check, and other options are not there), but it does give you the ability to post a
reply.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)