Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

cafemom and iphone, itouch and ipad (update added)

Posted by   + Show Post

hi guys!

I have an iphone, I love it, for it makes it easier for me to check internet, anywhere, in bed, in the car, outside, etc.

there are ways to have lots of free applications, when I started my iphone, I only had application for photos but now I can make videos with it because I added ivideo for 99cents with the apps button

the thing is there are many free applications, and many that used to cost something but but become free daily, you can find out about this at:

http://freeappalert.com/

anyway, I have buttons that say cafemom and facebook so I don't have to use safari to get to them

how I did this was, I hit the plus sign and then choose "add to home screen"

Anyway, any of you have one of these apple devices? or any questions about them, please feel to respond.

Update: cafemom now is mobile friendly!!!

by on Mar. 30, 2010 at 1:59 PM
Replies (11-17):
MomToAnArmyOf3
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 12:52 AM

Ohh, that is really cool to know. I know that I check my cafemom all the time on my iphone, but was irritated that I could not reply! Thanks for the information!

Eyvette
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 1:01 AM

If you are looking for a great app to keep track of your monthly cycle, temps, flow intensity, weight, cramping, notes, BD'ing days, etc... Lady Biz is a great one. It is password protected. It is probably one of my most used apps, for $2.99.

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Apr. 18, 2010 at 9:22 AM

Thanks, I haven't check that out, sounds cool!

I do have something similar, it was before I was using the aps store, I did a goodle for fertility friend with safari, then I  pressed the cross button on the phone to make it a book mark for home page, when I did this, after I had it set up for Mobile, so I have this "free app" which is actually the fertility friend webpage (so if I didn't have interent it wouldn't work, where as what you have sounds like it would be great for the itouch wifi that my dh uses, since I use the Iphone, or in places where the internet didn't work, or the 3G didnt' work)

but if you have constant internet, the fertility friend website can be turned into an app button with just your own info set up for a mobile phone.

Forget-me-not
by on Apr. 20, 2010 at 7:43 PM

OMG Thanks, I don't come on CM much because I use my iphone to do a lot of my piddling online nowadays, I just rest my stuff so we will see.

Quoting Imamom4sure:

(from cafemom team)

Currently CafeMom does not have mobile capability.  We do plan to create a more "mobile friendly" version of CafeMom, however that probably will not happen for a while.

In the meantime, here is how to change your settings on your iPhone so you can reply:

Go to Settings.
Go to Safari.
Turn off Java Script, 
plug ins, and block pop ups.

You should be able to reply at that point.  It isn't a perfect way to be able to use the site on the iPhone (the SweetPeas, spell check, and other options are not there), but it does give you the ability to post a
reply.

Jennifer, Crunchy Student Midwife, Wife and mother to Hannah 13, Abby 8 and  Liam born June 15 2009

AbiMarcNkids
by on May. 23, 2010 at 1:02 PM

BUMP!

TheresaLim
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 1:05 AM

I am a Sydney (Australia) Mom and have launched the world's first Personalized Children’s Storybook App in the iTunes App Store! “When I Grow Up (Vol.1)” 
is the first personalized children’s storybook app that will let you embed photos of your child and his/her mother into the story -- YOU are the characters! In its first week of sales in early June, Apple put it in the "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" categories for books. Through word of 
mouth and great reviews by iPhone/iPadd apps review sites, it is now read in every continent!

This is a sample page from my book showing my son and I.

Pls check out my website www.inspiringbooks.com.au for background on how I came about writing this book.

Pls check out my storybook http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/when-i-grow-up/id375330327?mt=8.

I'd love to hear your feedback as I'm working on Vol. 2 with a Daddy version.

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Jul. 11, 2010 at 9:42 PM

I down loaded it, and will give feedback as I get a chance! great concept

Quoting TheresaLim:

I am a Sydney (Australia) Mom and have launched the world's first Personalized Children’s Storybook App in the iTunes App Store! “When I Grow Up (Vol.1)” 
is the first personalized children’s storybook app that will let you embed photos of your child and his/her mother into the story -- YOU are the characters! In its first week of sales in early June, Apple put it in the "New and Noteworthy" and "What's Hot" categories for books. Through word of 
mouth and great reviews by iPhone/iPadd apps review sites, it is now read in every continent!

This is a sample page from my book showing my son and I.

Pls check out my website www.inspiringbooks.com.au for background on how I came about writing this book.

Pls check out my storybook http://itunes.apple.com/au/app/when-i-grow-up/id375330327?mt=8.

I'd love to hear your feedback as I'm working on Vol. 2 with a Daddy version.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)