Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The book that that helped you the most?

Posted by (Rhonda) on Jul. 24, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 449 Total Views

I'd like to know what book gave you the most specific tools, techniques, and tips not just philosophy. The philosophy type books are great but I really need some speficic examples and help.

by on Jul. 24, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Jul. 24, 2010 at 6:38 PM

gosh, its hard to narrow it down, but Probably Respectful Parents/respectful kids might be the best. (it could be that I read so many books, but I wish I read this one first, LOL) However, I also find Giving the Love that heals to be quite useful as well.

But then again, there are lots of ideas in the book parenting without distress.  

(I'm having a hard time making up my mind, perhaps you could order some of these at the library and see what clicks for you)

btw, all the post in this forum are always open (you welcome to join in them anytime, even if they look old)

Xakana xak
by on Jul. 25, 2010 at 11:49 AM

Happiest Toddler on the Block for 10-34 months, then Playful Parenting thereafter.

montessori_mama Melissa
by on Jul. 26, 2010 at 7:36 AM

I haven't read a great many parenting books, but I did enjoy Heaven on Earth: A Handbook For Parents of Young Children by Sharifa Openheimer.  It most definitely had practical ideas, including patterns for toys and recipes, etc.  The author is a Waldorf teacher.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)