Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you twitter, or blog or have an internet business?

Posted by (♥Kim) on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM
  • 11 Replies
  • 951 Total Views

I don't and am curious about these things. but am a newbie, I would love to visit your blogs or businesses, and have someone explain twitter to me. LOL

by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 8:23 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Scribble Jess
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I don't twitter, but from what I understand it's like a status update and you're limited on how long your update can be.

I've been considering starting a blog but I don't know how and I'm not sure if I would be able/motivated to keep it up.

My step-dad has an online business. He sells Max, it's a health product. It has helped my parents a lot and helped my mom recover from the chemo. If you're interested in having a look, here's the website: http://www.max.com/

Merrick, Adam, Anna and me (Jess) 

MyIslandGirls Candice
by on Nov. 7, 2010 at 10:03 PM

I refuse to "tweet" because appreantly people who use twitter are refered to as  Twits.... No thanks! beside i facebook already and there for don't need to tweet my life.

I don't have a business online right now either, although once my doula service is up and running i will be making a webpage for that. but thats icing.. i still have to make the cake.

I know of a few people who have online businesses... i think it's cool! but it's lots of work!

I blog sorta... i have a few blogs out there in the universe but i forget about them or can't remember how to get back to them.. and then they go unused.

montessori_mama Melissa
by on Nov. 8, 2010 at 7:18 AM

I have a twitter account but haven't logged in for two years or so! I guess I'm not able to condense my thoughts that much, haha!

I have shared my blog here already, but it's in my siggy : )

lewseatea Lucinda
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 12:03 AM

I just started a blog.  Hopefully I can stick with it.  I don't know a lot yet, but I'm getting it figured out.  Check out what I have so far: http://kermitwaswrong.blogspot.com/

lukesmyboy christina
by on Nov. 9, 2010 at 11:01 AM

I dont have a twitter, My husband does though. He follows people in his industry and some celebrities. I do have an online business. Puddlejumper.weebly.com We are on facebook so you can add me! :)

Kimra kimra
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:35 PM

i have an online business. it's humanitarian www.givehopeandpossiblies.com

Kimra kimra
by on Nov. 17, 2010 at 10:37 PM

and also my blog is www.humanitarianopp.blogspot.com  i'm gonna be posting a lot about "gifts that give back" the next 2 weeks, so that i can provide people with gift ideas that are eco-friendly and that give money to charities if you buy them.

MyIslandGirls Candice
by on Apr. 9, 2011 at 2:16 PM

I have a blog now... 3 Kids Then Me... It's all about my life, my random thoughts, things I'm interested in... It's bascially me trying to find who I am amongst the chaos of my life...

poppys_mommy AJ
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 12:16 PM

I sort of do all those to a small degree.

Twitter allows updates of up to 140 characters.  I tried doing twitter for day to day things and it was dumb ("Just made chex mix."  Who cares?  Why did I take the time to write that?) but I loved it for posting status updates when I was having a baby ("5 cm dilated, contractions 2 min apart").  My family and friends could go to the site to read or have it sent to their phones (most sent to phones) and they could turn the texts off at night (only my FIL, a lawyer, did-- everyone else wanted updates even at 2am).  I could post from my old-school-no-internet cell phone.

The other way I've used twitter is to search using tags to find out if there was just an earthquake or something.  (search #earthquake or #sandiego)  Oh!  And there are giveaways posted so I'd do a search for #giveaway, #win, or whatever I was hoping to win like #clothdiapers.  (Tags have the # symbol before the search term.  I don't think they're standardized officially though, just what I've picked up.)

Blog... I have a few but nothing updated regularly.  If you want to read my journey (mostly crankiness) about cloth diapers: http://diapertrials.livejournal.com/

I work for an online business.  Does that count?  It's a public high school that is entirely online and right now, I'm teaching Geometry.  :)

Muppets_Mommy Darlene
by on Apr. 10, 2011 at 6:13 PM

I too have a blog.  I blog about topics of interest to me and I think others would find useful or interesting, such as info. about vaccines, breastfeeding, attachment parenting etc.  I also blog some personal stories. 

My blog is ~Darlene's Musings~  http://muppetsmom.blogspot.com/

I'm still working on starting my own little on-line business of selling homemade bath products eg: soap, bath salts etc.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)