Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Five Love Languages of Children

Posted by (Laura) on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM
  • 8 Replies
  • 953 Total Views

This is a book recommended by a friend. I haven't even finished it and I am recommending it! The theory is that every human understands love in 5 different form, or languages: Quality Time, Words of Affirmation, Gifts, Acts of Service, and Physical Touch. The book explains the 5 "languages," how to determine your child's language, as well as how it can be a part of discipline, how your child learns, and even how they deal with anger. The book ends with an assessment in the form of a game to help you determine your child's primary language.

Also, there is a sister book called The Five Love Languages: How to Express Heartfelt Commitment to Your Mate.

by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 7:18 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 8:11 PM

OMG, this book should be listed in our book club! thanks for adding it! surprised we didn't do it sooner!

I haven't read it but plan to, but...

I have used the website and have had friends that read it, I'll give a link to the L-amp thread where we posted our kids and our own love languages.

here's the link (I also bumped it in the lounge)

http://www.cafemom.com/group/28523/forums/read/11816615/Love_Languages

abfab04 Erin
by on Jul. 5, 2011 at 9:09 PM

Thank you for sharing, that sounds like a fabulous book! 

nicki.hemingway Nicki
by on Jul. 6, 2011 at 1:13 PM

Sounds great, I'm adding this to my reading list

srbeusk
by on Jul. 26, 2011 at 11:02 PM
I own both and have read the marriage one, and got halfway through the one for children...:) it's helped our marriage tons, I can only imagine what it'll do for our relationship with our son (and future children)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MyIslandGirls Candice
by on Jul. 27, 2011 at 12:06 PM

I want to read this one too!  I have it on my list for sure!

I was at a bookstore like 3 weeks ago and it was there.. for $15!! I should have grabbed it... but Money is SUPER tight right now so I talked myself out of buying it.

KreatingMe Rhonda
by on Jul. 30, 2011 at 1:51 AM

I have this book and have read it about halfway through too. I definately recommend it.

srbeusk
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 1:21 PM
I went on amazon names got it for under 10 dollars... Not sure exactly how much... It's been a while, but it's a good place to shop IMO

Quoting MyIslandGirls:

I want to read this one too!  I have it on my list for sure!

I was at a bookstore like 3 weeks ago and it was there.. for $15!! I should have grabbed it... but Money is SUPER tight right now so I talked myself out of buying it.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
marjparj Marj
by on Jul. 31, 2011 at 3:56 PM

I found it on Abebooks.com for 1.61!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)