Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Freeing Your Child from Negative Thinking by Tamar E. Chansky

Posted by   + Show Post

I just ordered the book (namely because I am very interested in everything that increases my children's resilency in life, since I have some extended family members and sometimes myself that has trouble in this area)

anyone read the book? or want to read it with me:

by on Sep. 23, 2011 at 10:38 PM
Replies (11-15):
MyIslandGirls Candice
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 1:39 AM

I think i need this book!! I feel horrible as i couldn't finish the Noami Aldort book to its end.. I even checked it out twice and still couldn't get through it. I think it was the way it's worded.. i got bored. lol

I want to read and learn, i guess i just don't learn this way.

Imamom4sure ♥Kim
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 10:23 AM

hey candice, I never finished naomi aldort either, and something did get boring for me, LOL.  I have no idea what this book will be like, but I do know I have a lot of hope for what I might learn.

MyIslandGirls Candice
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 11:59 AM

Indeed!! I need a book that will teach but keep me motivated to learn.

I did pick up a few tips from the first 3 chapters (that's as far as i got) so it's not a total loss!

marjparj Marj
by on Sep. 25, 2011 at 3:01 PM

I never did finish Naomi Aldort either...it lost my interest somehow...  My parents have both tended to look at the negative sides off and on throughout life and I am doing it now that we are in such a negative situation with so many things happening that are very hard to see in a positive light...I really want to break that cycle and help my children to be more resiliant throughout life instead of sinking into negative or depressing thoughts which is very hard to get out of once you sink so far...

marjparj Marj
by on Oct. 16, 2011 at 11:29 AM

I finally got my book in the mail...I always forget how slow media mail is ;)  Anyway, plan to start reading it tonight, I was way too tired to start a book last night.  Yaaayy =)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)