Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Moving to riley soon

Posted by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM
  • 10 Replies
  • 435 Total Views
Hi, my kids and I will be moving to ft riley in late oct while my husband is stationed in Korea. Does anyone have any suggestions on websites to compare off post housing prices to on post? If anyone has any info please share. Thank u :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 18, 2011 at 7:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
eranne
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2011 at 8:14 PM

If you have fb, Silent Ranks of Fort Riley has pictures of the inside of houses. As far as off post try ahrn.com.

Deedra1675
by New Member on Jun. 18, 2011 at 11:59 PM
Thank u so much
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
eranne
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2011 at 11:58 PM

No problem, if you have any other questions just let me know.

ThriceAMommy
by Member on Jun. 21, 2011 at 10:41 PM

The first time we lived here we lived on base. Now we live in townhomes called Villiage at Freedom Place in Junction City. We checked online newspapers or you can google rentals in Junction City or Manhattan. Most places have good pictures. I had a friend from here (KS) look at the house for me since I couldn't come here to see it before I moved. It is very nice but also expensive. It isn't cheap to live near Ft. Riley. Landlords know what military members make in BAH and they abuse it. They ask your husbands rank and all that. We pay $1380 per month with a $1350 refundable deposit and had to sign a year lease. But housing wasn't going fast enough and I needed to move. The farther away you get the cheaper it gets but then the farther you have to drive to get to base. Although I know some people that don't care. I know people that live in Riley (a town) and Herrington, but Herrington is like 40 minutes away - I don't see the point really. We live 5 minutes or less from base. Even 3 bdrm apartments are between $800 - $900. Good luck finding anything less than $800. Manhattan is expensive because it is a college town. Anyway - we just googled and these days any landlord can take and email pictures!

amber_mom40
by on Sep. 2, 2011 at 9:57 AM

hi, we live off post and we love it i mean you have all of the normal bills that you would have by living on post..i think it is what your looking for wether or not off and on post is for you..i know that the only way that you have electric bill is that if you go over then you pay what is extra i believe..it just whatever your looking for!!

Deedra1675
by New Member on Oct. 27, 2011 at 9:35 AM
Thanks everyone for ur help! We actually decided to buy a house in JC. It's in the spring valley area and is still being built! Since ft riley will be our last duty station before my hubby retires we figured it would be a good time to buy! We are super excited to get to KS and start meeting new people! Like I said earlier, my husband will be in Korea for a yr so I won't have the luxury of meeting his coworkers wives so ill have to find another way to make friends lol but I have a 10 yr old girl, a 7 yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl! I love to scrapbook, shop, have people over for dinners, pretty open to anything lol anyways, we will be there after Nov 16th so hopefully ill get to meet some of you soon! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jewelz2u
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2011 at 4:27 PM

Depending on what you are use too Junction city is cheaper  then Manhattan on the other side of post 20 mins away. We live on post other then some crazy neighbors it is pretty good and we have a nice neighborhood.Some of the housing is small compaired  others depends on which neighborhood. Hope this helps some Have a Happy Thanksgiving..

amber_mom40
by on Dec. 19, 2011 at 11:40 PM

for decent off post living your going to pay 590- up..depending on how many bedrooms you are wanting..we live off post and we love it...we are in Manhattan about 15-20 minutes from ft riley..you will love the area!!

ssgtgrl12
by Member on May. 5, 2012 at 12:19 AM

hey my name is Diane and was wondering if you made it to Ft Riley?? we live off post in Manhattan..How do you like it so far??

Quoting Deedra1675:

Hi, my kids and I will be moving to ft riley in late oct while my husband is stationed in Korea. Does anyone have any suggestions on websites to compare off post housing prices to on post? If anyone has any info please share. Thank u :-)

welcomeamerican flag ribbon

armymommy25
by Member on Sep. 29, 2013 at 10:36 PM

Hi, I've joined this group because we are moving to Riley next Jan-Feb from Fort Bragg, NC. We have been stationed here 5 years, so IT IS time for a change.... I have a son who will 3 and a daughter who will be 10 months by the time we get there. I joined the group to hopefully meet some moms/wives at Riley as the time to PCS gets closer! We aren't new to the military, but I would love to get too know ppl before I get there so I am not completely alone as my hubby will be going too work and then training right after we arrive. If you are interested in getting to know me, Feel free to e-mail me ANYTIME! :-) Bethany

~Proud Wife&Mommy~
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)