Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

You hear it all the time...

Posted by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 10:09 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 90 Total Views
Good morning, ladies...
   Yes, I'm sure you hear it all the time, "I'm PCSing to Ft. Riley".  Well, I am.  My name is Rachael, I am dual Army, with a monster 2- year old named Emma and due with monster #2, Jenner in June.  My husband is a medic and I'm Preventive Medicine, so Medical all around. 
  I've read through the posts and everything that I've heard about Riley, seems to be true.  It's a hole.  Which doesn't make me feel any better.  But!  Since when does the Army give you choices?!  Never.  So, I might as well get some inside info on the place.  I read that there isn't anywhere fun to go.  Got that.  BUT!  I will most likely be living off- post because I hate on- post housing at military posts and I heard the waiting list is a nightmare there.  So, I need you ladies' help.  I need to know the areas to stay away from, which places are really nice, best places for childcare (whether it's the CDC or private day cares).  I need the scoop.  This isn't my first duty station, so I'm not naive and ignorant to all the crap that is PCSing.  I am currently stationed in D.C., so I know all about finding places that are out of bad areas.  So, let me know!  My husband will be coming in October, so I want to have the area all scouted out, by then.  HELPPPPPP!!!!!!!  I can't do it without you ladies.  Please let me know.   I can't send my husband ahead of me to find a place to live and a place to put my babies for daycare, without me, having the scoop.  I just don't trust him like that. 
  I'm also a really god person to talk to. I'm real, I don't let much get to me, and I b*tch, A LOT.  Especially about my husband.  So, keep in touch and I'll see you guys soon!!!!
  Rach

bsm_usarmy.gifbsm_love_my_medic.gifbsm_mylilbro.is.a.soldier.gif

myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphicsmyspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 10:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
momof2andloveit
by on Apr. 30, 2008 at 10:24 AM
we have been here for over a year now and we chose not to live on post bc dh wanted to feel like he was actually leaving work everyday, we live in Manhattan, its hard to find homes for rent in manhattan bcof the university usually they are over priced, but manhattan has the mall, chain restaurants like chilis and applebees and a couple more, it also has aggieville, which is just a bunch of bars and more restaurants like chipotle and some sandwich places, there are lots of parks in manhattan the best one for young kids is Anneberg park, its completely fenced in and all the equipment low to the ground, also it has mostly grass and some soft tar like substance, its also right by the pond/lake thing but that is outside of the gate.
junction city- you can find some nice neighborhoods but from what i've heard there are some bad ones you definitely don't want to live in
ogden- i have seen some very nice areas in ogden
the thing with this place is you just have to give yourself time to look around without being rushed and there are lots of companies that rent out properties and that way you have more options. good luck, i hope this helps
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)