Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Introductions

Posted by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

Hi! I'm Brandi and I'm 26 my hubby Chris is 27.  We have 3 kids.  Kyli~4, Braelin~2 and CJ~3months.  Along with 2 boxers we have a full house :)   We are headed that way next Jan.  Hubby is an E-4 and is currently in Iraq and isn't due back until next fall, but he reinlisted while he was there.

Just curious about the area. I think we are going to live on post from what I hear about it.  But what about the schools? Anything I should know about them?    Thanks and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Brandi

by on Jan. 21, 2009 at 10:14 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
sanaa1977
by Group Owner on Jan. 30, 2009 at 7:08 PM

hello and welcome to the group and welcometothe big red one lol anyway my name is jackie iam 32 years old i have two girls sanaa 2years old and keanu 9 years old. my husband name is dallas is a 11 bravo he just left for korea i chose not to go because he is getting station right back here. he is solider of the year of ft riley. anyway the schools are alright i guess

Vik1701
by on Feb. 10, 2009 at 9:46 PM

Welcome!  I'm Vickie, 27 and I have a wee boy Gannon, 4mos.  My hubby is Todd, 28, and he works at the medical company.  :)

The area....hmmmm.  Well it's ok. lol.  Shoppin' is decent in Manhattan, but not superb. ;)  There's a cool mall in Topeka, but that's a good 45 min drive. :)  I guess the summer is ok, cuz there's lakes to go boating, and fishing at.  Hiking around the area as well......basically if you like the outdoors the area isn't too shabby. :P  I could take it or leave it either way. :D  REALLY hate the tornado crap in the area. :P

Vik

Angela605
by New Member on Feb. 11, 2009 at 9:14 AM

Hi!  I'm Angela and my family and I have been stationed here for about 3 years.  We have two girls, Kayla and Kasey.  I don't want to disappoint you but I am not impressed with this state at all.  There is not much to do here especially for families.  The town that we live in has very little for the kids to do.  The main thing that I do not like about KS is the fact that you have to drive a long distance to get to any decent shopping or other things to do.  There is pretty much nothing in Junction City and what there is there it is ghetto!  Manhattan is ok, they have a very small mall but there are a few good stores that have come into that area and they finally got an IHOP!!  Other than that, you will need to drive to either Topeka, Kansas City or Wichita to really find things to do that are fun.  The weather here is also pretty crummy!  The winter is somewhat brutal, in my opinion.  Although this winter has been mild in comparison to previous years, thank GOD!  Well, I'm sorry that the news isn't exciting but I just thought that I would be honest and give you my honest opinion.  Some people do like it here, but me, not so much.  Well, good luck and hope the move goes well!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)