Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

any1 know of a good place to live?

Posted by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 335 Total Views

me and my hubby are do to pcs on the 10th of july, we are looking for a 3br 2 bath townhome or duplex. in a good part of town. anyone know of any nice places? we really dont want to live on post. but it is important to us to bring our daughter up in a nice home. maybe somewhere with a pool even. it has to be close to post or my hubby will kill me!! lol if any1 could give me a few names it would b a great help thanks!! xoxo

by on Jun. 21, 2009 at 2:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
by New Member on Jun. 22, 2009 at 1:01 PM

I only know of one place that is 3bdrm townhouse but we moved from there because mngmnt is shotty. There are a few places is Manhattan which is about 10-15 minutes from post.I found the name of one rental place that has alot of properties, Hill Investment & Rental Co. 785-537-9064 or their toll free number is 1-888-537-9064. I hope that helps sweetie :). Feel free to call me if you need anything else, even if I don't have the answer I will try my best to find it for you

by Member on Jun. 24, 2009 at 9:03 PM

there are quite a few just right off post....decent neighbors or so it seems because all the houses are practically brand new.  I'll have to go off post tomorrow and check out the names.  I can't remember them right off hand....except a couple... Eagles landing and Buffalo Soldier area.  theres a couple others.  like i said it looks like decent neighbor hoods, most places here are duplexes.

by Member on Jun. 25, 2009 at 3:13 PM

I don't know of any townhomes but the Bluffs and Quinton Pointe($99 depost & half off first month lease) have 3bdr 2bth apartments for $925 and they both have pools. they are bout 5 min drive to post from Junction City.  Eagle Landing is also in Junction City but they are a 3bd 1 1/2 bath for $725 for first few months (nice but the bedrooms are small and no pool)

Tiffany Lewandowski

by Member on Jun. 28, 2009 at 11:24 AM
DO NOT move into the bluffs. I just posted this in anither thread.. They're HORRIBLE!!!
by on Jul. 5, 2009 at 9:51 AM

honistly i think u will be better on base...but thats just my op.....i wouldnt go to eagle landings...that was my first choice(we just got here in april) EVERYONE told us there is nothing but drug sucked cuz i thought they were nice townhomes....i just moved out of quintion point.....they are just appartments you can get a 3 bedroom 2 bath, all one level...brand new, washer dryer included for an extra 25, dishwaser and they have a pool....right next to a middle school, bout 5 minn from base. the only thing i diddnt like about it is im a walker and there was NO place to walk, and because of it being brand new there was no playground so me and my son were stuck in the house all day and that sucked!! you pay eletric(everything is eletric) and eletric was about 100 and water was about 50.....i thought it was expensive, but i guess when you dont have gas it evens out....but thats one of the reasons we moved on post....we are only e-2 and can hardley make it off post areound here.....i hope this helps ya out a little, if you want anymore help than just here all the time!!

by New Member on Jul. 5, 2009 at 8:15 PM

The bluffs are nice but we are moving out of them in about 12 days. It's like a ghost town in here even though it's 99% military. We liked them but with a toddler there just isn't enough room in the 2 bedrooms. We are moving on post because we will get more for our money :)

by New Member on Jul. 6, 2009 at 11:25 PM

Lol.  Idk where a good place to live is but I will tell you of one NOT to move to: Deerfield Estates near the back gate of Fort Riley.  We lived there about 6 months and couldn't deal with it any longer.  Don't be tempted by their cheap prices or smiles.  Everything kept falling apart, the police were out a lot, trailer park kids caused problems by stealing and breaking stuff.  The office promises lots of things but never follows through.

Good Luck house hunting!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)