Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you were abused as a child how do you know the differance in good discpiline and abuse?Please read I am so confused.

Posted by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 539 Total Views
I was slammed against the wall, made to sit on my hands at the kitchen table and slapped in the face, punched in the face spit at burned with cigarettes my dad broke my sisters arm and he wouldn't let her go to the hospital or Doctor he put an ace bandage on it with a stick to keep it straight.My sister and I were made to stay in the storm pit for several days we were both raped by him several times my sister was brutally raped. When I had my son I was so confused about what to do. When he was little it was obvious of course not to ever hit him.But he is eleven now and he needs to know that there will be consequences for bad behavior I am so confused now I don't know what to do I try so hard not to hit him I love him more than anything in this world But I cant help getting angry when he disrespects me he spits on me hits me bites me so on and so on he only tries this when we are alone.I have no point of reference to go by in the correct way to discipline him.I cant think of one time in my childhood when I was corrected for bad behavior I was beaten for getting on my parents nerves.I don't want to be like my parents were Please someone help me.Please I don't want to loose my patient with my boy I love him so so much.But hitting and screaming is all Ive ever known.I would never punch my kid or burn him or brake his arm or rape him of course not but I do loose my temper with him and get so angry I get so angry that I black out and when I come to I have no idea what just happened.
by on Oct. 12, 2010 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)