Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

told my family i am pregnant

Posted by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM
  • 1 Replies
  • 531 Total Views
i told my family last night that i am pregnant. I told the father not to be there, because i didn't want a fist fight to go down. He was pretty pissed because he said it made him look like a douche bag for not being there. My mother was thrilled and said to move back in with her, which i had planned all along until i can get a hang of things or get an apartment. My brother wasn't happy and has now disowned me, all because this baby will be mixed. After summer classes are over i am dropping out for 2 semester, i hope it is only for 2 semesters. i just feel like i won't be able to do it all, and i know it will be rough for me when the baby is here. My mom was disappointed about that, and said i should really think about keeping my classes for the fall. i know this baby isn't due until after the fall semester is over but i need to work more.

i plan on telling my job soon as well.

So how did it go when you told your family about your pregnancy? of course this is for when you were pregnant with your kids.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 15, 2012 at 7:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
eevers55
by Member on Jul. 16, 2012 at 8:05 AM

I had moved from my home state to DH's home state. A few months later, we were married. A year later, he got a great job opportunity, so we packed to move again. The day before moving, we found out I was pregnant. Both families were super happy, but of course (especially grandmother's) they wanted us to stay/move to my home state. They were both mostly supportive, but I still got the guilt trip after every phone call with my grandmother or DH's grandmother. "I wish you lived here" "you're going to be raising that baby all by yourselves" "You can move in with me" (that one from DH's grandmother who was also housing two of her daughters, one who lived there with her husband and teen home-schooled daughter, and the other who had a stroke and was being cared for by grandmother and day hospice.....no thanks)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN