Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How many of you had one? Also if you didn't get one did you naturally "rip"? sorry...I had a friend send me this video on them and I'm scared out of my witts end atm...

by on Aug. 13, 2009 at 8:28 AM
Replies (11-20):
storkradio193
by New Member on Oct. 19, 2009 at 9:25 PM

i had one but it is because they had to cut me to get the baby out faster. it took about a week to heal. not fun but not terrible

www.storkradio.com

callie06
by on Oct. 20, 2009 at 11:20 AM

i had one because i was going to tear.  Tearing can be worse.  If it's a small tear no problem but you can tear in to your rectum and have to have surgery.  I would rather have an episiotomy instead of tearing.  My dr only does it if your going to tear and she asked for permission first.

caramia1114
by New Member on Oct. 20, 2009 at 9:44 PM

Me entire labor and delivery was horrible thanks to my dr. but I will spare you the details. I did have an episiotomy. I think my Dr only gave me one to get the baby out faster. So if you do have one, you will need some stitches but you shouldn't feel it if you have an meds or they do a local shot to numb you. I was able to walk that same day from my bed to bathroom and it took awhile to heal. I think by the six weeks after I had my son I was almost back to normal!

Cara

momma_of_2_0809
by on Nov. 12, 2009 at 9:20 PM

I had an epiosotomy with my first because i started tearing but i was so numb from the epidural i didn't feel anything. 

TaRaHSaNtAnA
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:17 PM

ihad an episiotomy and i also tore from my cervix all the way out it was sore for a few days but im fine now. But i have a very high pain tolerance i was 9cm dialated when i had an epidural and he was alrdy crowing youll be fine if you have to have it done!

CafeMom Tickers

Hes growing up so quick!!

luv_my_xiya
by on Nov. 22, 2009 at 10:18 PM

i didnt get one...but i did tear a little and they did 1 figure 8 stitch..but i didnt feel it because i was numb from the epi 

Laura913
by on Nov. 25, 2009 at 8:25 PM

i had one and stitches because babys head was too big i couldn't even get him to crown so dr cut me i didnt even know he did it til my dh told me thats what he was doing cuz i had an epi and a local down there

worse part was pain i felt when i had to poop the first couple of times

and it hurt i'm not going to lie...u have to stay medicated

baby

Photobucket

2MuchHeart
by New Member on Jun. 23, 2010 at 10:56 PM

Well I've never had one but my mom and a lady I babysat for put it in perspective for me. Ok grab your shirt with both hands on the bottom with a couple of inches of material between them. Tug gently on the material. Now what would rip more? If you cut the material then pulled it or if you tried to rip it without cutting it? Letting yourself rip naturally requires less heal time but if your baby is stuck or in danger getting cut might be a better choice.

armywife009
by Member on Jul. 8, 2010 at 10:52 PM

I had my daughter naturally with no meds and no epi. I tore and had to get six stitches but it wasn't that bad. For a few weeks after delivery I had some soreness where I tore, but nothing horrible. You will be fine. Just discuss it with your doc and see how you feel about it and how he/she feels about it. Maybe they can do something (like mrsbatyay said a massage, which really helps) so that you won't have to get one.

♥♥Good Luck.♥♥

momma_of_2_0809
by on Aug. 18, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I had an episiotomy with my 1st son

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN