Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I got the job! Now what do I do?

Posted by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 363 Total Views

We are relocating to the Myrtle Beach area.  I will be working close to the MB Airport.  I would love to know the best elementary schools, neighborhoods, preshools and after school care.

by on Jan. 15, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
FieldReedGlow
by on Feb. 5, 2012 at 8:22 PM

I'm still looking into schools and daycares. I have been living in South CArolina for years but never really thought to look into which school systems are the best until now. I know the forestbrook area is REALLY good. Carolina forest should be okay, but I haven't had the chance to see which teachers are wroking at this time, so I can't say too much anout how they work with children. After I do some digging I will let you know! Welcome to Myrtle!

Angel_Roop
by New Member on Feb. 6, 2012 at 9:07 AM

My family has only been here for a short time but so far we are quiet happy with the schools in Carolina Forest.  My son's teachers at OBM are great.  They are involved, quick to respond to any concerns I may have and my son seems to like all of them very much. 

maedemom
by Member on Apr. 20, 2012 at 8:49 AM

All depends on where you want to stay at exactly.  There are a lot of good schools, but most of the good ones are red zone schools, meaning if you don't live in the exact area for that school district your kids can't go to school there.  So, you would just have to check around for those things.  I am talking public schools now, not private.  

Neighborhoods depends on the amount of money you want to spend to stay somewhere, as with anywhere you live.

Best preschool in my opinion, The Growing Tree, on Grissom, though I am sure there are many others.  It's very hard to get into (has a wait list) and can be pricey, but they are really involved, teach them well, and just thoroughly enjoy kids.  I used to work for the church part of it, that's how I know.

Hope you find everything you need.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)