Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

scard single mom

Posted by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 313 Total Views

HI my name is Amy, I'm 21 years old,  live in Myrtle Beach,  and I am pregnant with a little boy his name is Gabriel he's due at the end of September,

I'm hoping their is someone that can help me, I'm all on my own on this, I have no job, no money I don't have anything for my baby i don't even really have a home for us right now I'm staying with a friend temporarily, I have looked all over for help but i cant seem to find anything and with no car its hard to get anywhere, i scared he may get taken away from me because i have nothing.

if thiers any one with any kind of advise or any thing it would be a great blessing to me and my baby.

And I don't mean to sound like I'm complaining, I need help.

by on Aug. 1, 2008 at 5:51 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MelandAvery
by on Aug. 15, 2008 at 9:21 AM

hey sweetie....try not to be too scared! What you need to do is go to the Department of health on 21st avenue in MB and apply for the Wic if you haven't already. THis will provide formula and some food for you. They have arrangements for transportation also. Call and they will give you all and any information that you may need. I have a bag full of boys hand-me-downs from Newborn size to 3-6 months. I will gladly bring them to you if you need them. Also, get in touch with  Used but not abused in socastee, they provide women and children with all sorts of necessary items...I believe that they have something to do wtih finding homes for women also. Check it out and try not to stress out too much, your baby knows that you're upset! Everything will work out, you'll see....Keep you head up girl!

blowing kissesMelissa and Avery

kiyotee
by New Member on Oct. 18, 2009 at 8:56 PM

I hope that you have found help. If not please call my daughter @ 803-853-4300 I live in Myrtle Beach and she visits often. She maybe able to help with clothes, for both of you, toys, blankets, maybe a bed I am not sure. She is great at things like that.

I just called her and she said to go get on wic, food stamps, apply for housing and anything else they maybe able to help you with.  As long as you are trying they won't take your baby, and as long as you have a place to live you will be ok. There is lots of help out there.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)