Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

HELP...MY COMPUTER IS HOLDING ME HOSTAGE!

Posted by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 8:25 PM
  • 7 Replies
  • 245 Total Views
Handcuffed To The Desk I sat down here 2 hours ago to check my e-mail and haven't gotten up! 

My computer to do list is getting out of control!

1. Check e-mail
  2. Check out pictures of new babies at all of the local hospitals.....I love to look at the baby pics and the names.....my family think I have lost my mind.....they tell my hubby " mom is baby stalking again"
  3. Check bank accounts.....make sure no one is draining my account
  4. Check e-mail
  5. E-mail friends and family.......6 months ago they would get upset b/c I checked my e-mail about once every 2 weeks....now they have me listed as spam!
  6. Go to cafemom
  7. Read recent journals, respond
  8. Check chatter box, respond
  9. Check inbox-respond to or delete
  10. Check invites-look at profiles, if I accept, then I have to send a message
  11. Check for responses to my journals
  12. Check my groups--read anything that looks interesting, respond
  13. Check new groups to see if I want to join 
  14. Post journals if I have anything to say.......and we all know that is ALL THE TIME 
  15. Check my e-mail--did anyone respond yet?
  16. Check grocerygame.com for new coupons
  17. Check flylady.net and find out what I forgot to do again today
  18. Repeat steps 1-18 repeatedly throughout the day!
  19. Get off of computer because my butt is numb and I am embarrassed that I have wasted another whole day doing NOTHING

by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 8:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
piratequeen
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 8:34 PM
I hear you... I've been on the computer all day...just took a break to do breakfast dishes... the problem is I only did them because we needed to make room for dinner dishes.
3teensinmyhouse
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 8:49 PM

Quoting piratequeen:

I hear you... I've been on the computer all day...just took a break to do breakfast dishes... the problem is I only did them because we needed to make room for dinner dishes.

I stop long enough to load the dishes and fix supper so my kids don't complain.  It is embarrassing when they come home and I am still in my pjs and sitting at the computer.  I will say, we have got to get a more comfortable chair!
Passionlady
by on Feb. 9, 2007 at 8:51 PM
This is so funny I think I have the same problem with my computer it never wants me to leave HELP!!!! but its ok LOL
beadfreakmom
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2007 at 9:03 PM
That's the ticket!!  It's the computer's fault!  I don't have a problem! LOL!!!!!!

Babs
darlyssa
by New Member on Feb. 12, 2007 at 9:42 PM
LoL!  That's me!  I work at home on my computer and it's so hard not to just visit this site to see what's going on.  I know if I do, that's all the work that will get done for the day.  Nice to know I'm not the only one.
Momof2gr8kidsCR
by New Member on Feb. 14, 2007 at 10:08 AM
wow this is too funny...I have all my tabs at the top opened up and I keep heading back to cafemom...I love this site.
Havnt been around much been working on my cross stitching of my daughter. But I always find a way to stop here or a few minutes,
I got up at 6 this morning and have been on since, now its 10:09am..lol
Got off long enough to take Daughter to school and now im back again. These kids just wont leave me alone to do my know thing...LMAO
CaptWife
by on Feb. 21, 2007 at 8:43 PM
Oh how true!!!  Bad thing is my 16 y/o will be home in about 10 minutes and I will get from him "Mom can I have the computer" and I'll say "thats fine just don't stay on it forever". 

Classic case of do as I say not as I do.  Tongue out
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)