Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Waiting...waiting...waiting...

Posted by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 189 Total Views

I have been watching this group for awhile but there and not been any activity in awhile. Hope someone is still here?

I have completed a private and public-so to speak(DHS) home studies and am now on a waiting list with Robin Steele to adopt a baby with Down Syndrome. I wanted to ask if any one here knows where else to go to adopt babies with Down Syndrome. I have wanted a baby with DS  since I was eight years old and that is all I have ever wanted!!! Last month I had the opportunity to get a baby with DS from foster care and the foster family decided to "settle on him" since they could not get a normal newborn. I was heart broken and furious all at the same time. I would never "settle" that is my ultimate dream!!! Any way I have to go on I know, just hard some days. If anyone here hears of a baby with Down Syndrome up for adoption or know where I can go to sign up please let me know.

Thank You, Just waiting for my stork to come.......

Cindystork

by on Jan. 12, 2009 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
11mom
by New Member on Jan. 13, 2009 at 10:32 AM

We have adopted a 2 little boys and a little girl from the adoptuskids website. They even ask you about the age and disabilities that you will take. We adopted a little boy that was shaken baby from Florida and two from Montana that have fetal alcohol effect and fetal alcohol syndrome.

It does take time but hold on for the ride when it starts. The process is long but well worth it in the end.

I am not sure what age you are looking for but sometimes the kids on there cange monthly, sometimes they change daily, sometimes you see the same one's for years. Last time I checked there were over 4000 children in the US up for adoption just on this one site. If I could adopt them all I would. It breaks your heart.

Good luck to you and please let me know how things turn out for you no matter how you come about your child when it is your child you are looking at you will know it...

As long as you have a home study done and all your information you can begin on this site. A lot of times they work with your case worker at first to make sure everything is good.

If you have any ?'s please feel free to ask.

Cheryl mom of 11

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)