Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie? Tell us about yourself

Posted by on Nov. 18, 2007 at 8:41 AM
  • 20 Replies
  • 1636 Total Views
Hey ladies,  My name is Nathalie.  My husband's name is Jake and we have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 1/2 year old son.  About 3 months ago we moved to the Myrtle Beach area.  We had a great relationship before our move.  We were best friends and very romantic with each other...then it all disappeared.  We just got so busy with the move...getting used to the new area, taking care of the kids, my hubby was getting used to his new job.  It all piled up on us and we had no time for each other.  Well, we finally realized how bad things were getting so we both talked about it and decided we really needed to work on our relationship.  The past 2 weeks, my kids went to Maryland with their grandparents, so my hubby and I were really able to just work on us.  It has helped so much and I am so happy to say I have my best friend back.  I know things won't always be filled with romance but I think it is important to work on keeping the spark alive...that's why I made this group.  To help us find ways to put romance back into our lives.

by on Nov. 18, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gabbymommy06
by New Member on Nov. 18, 2007 at 11:39 AM
I totally hear ya on all those things. Everything has happened so much lately and been super busy. I sometimes forget to breathe or take a shower, let a lone intimacy. I am defiantly in for some ways to spark up the relationship again!! I am Angela and my husband is Dean. WE have been together for 4 years and maried for a year. My daughter Gabriella is 15 months old.
MommyMica
by on Nov. 18, 2007 at 9:25 PM
Hello ladies...
I am Shemica I am a 25 year old stay at home mom to my 5 week old daughter Olivia. My husband James and I have been married for 6 years and needless to say we definately need to get the romance back in our marriage. We recently decided that we will both work on making time for one another and rebuilding our marriage and relationship, so I am very pleased to have found this group. Things have just been so stressful with the new baby and my husbands hectic work schedule, I am looking forward to things getting better.
shawnna1214
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2007 at 9:58 AM
Hello my name Shawnna I am proud mom of two kids. My husband matt and I have been together for eight years and married two.We are trying to keep the romance in our live's .I always like to try new things .I think it's better to try new thing's then stick with the same old stuff.But what get's my husband is i love to dress up  boy shorts are lingerie every night. He loves it  .                                                   WE are freaky in the bedroom.
bossyfee
by New Member on Nov. 19, 2007 at 10:43 AM
well my name is sarah, i have been married for almost 5 years now and i have a 5 year old and a 6 month old. i got pregnant 2 months into my relationship with my hubby and then at 3 months prego with my first i got into a bad car wreck and broke my leg in 2 places then had to have surgery. so i had a cast on my whole pregnancy so i was kinda a meanie. then i had a c-section cause she was 10 1/2 lbs. and 23 inches long i know massive right! well since her we try to maintain romance but that is impossible! we didn't relly get a honeymoon phase cause i was knocked up or hurt! so i need help figuring it all out! any advice is more than appriciated!
nkleintank
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2007 at 9:53 AM
Sarah, I am so glad you and the baby recovered well after your accident.  That must have been so scary.  I'm sure it is hard to add some spice into your relationship especially since all the trauma you both have endured lately.  But just remember you have to pick up the pieces at some point.  First, communication is key...you should talk to your hubby about where your relationship is now and where you want it to be as far as romance and everything else.  I don't know how you feel about leaving your 6 month old with a babysitter yet but you can have a date night every other week if your comfortable with that.  If you don't want to leave your little one with a sitter yet, try to make some alone time w/ your hubby when the kids are asleep.  Take a romantic bubble bath together with candles.  You can do a bunch of other things but the important thing is to make sure you spend at least an hour a day devoted to just the both of you.  Don't talk about the kids, or work but stuff that will bring the both of you closer together.   

Quoting bossyfee:

well my name is sarah, i have been married for almost 5 years now and i have a 5 year old and a 6 month old. i got pregnant 2 months into my relationship with my hubby and then at 3 months prego with my first i got into a bad car wreck and broke my leg in 2 places then had to have surgery. so i had a cast on my whole pregnancy so i was kinda a meanie. then i had a c-section cause she was 10 1/2 lbs. and 23 inches long i know massive right! well since her we try to maintain romance but that is impossible! we didn't relly get a honeymoon phase cause i was knocked up or hurt! so i need help figuring it all out! any advice is more than appriciated!

nkleintank
by Group Owner on Nov. 20, 2007 at 9:58 AM
If your comfortable with leaving your 8 month old with a babysitter, try going on date nights at least once a month.  It's ok if you feel like it's too soon to leave your little one, just make sure to make time for the two of you.  When the kids go to bed, DO NOT turn the TV on but talk....not about the kids or work but talk about the two of you.  Drink some wine, light some candles, play some soft classical music and cuddle all night long. 
Quoting Jocelyn2706:

My name is Jocelyn. I have an almost 6 year old son and my fiance and I have an 8 month old son together. Jim is absolutely wonderful, he's the love of my life and is a wonderful father to both of the boys (he is even going to adopt my son when we get married). We are very happy together and very in love but the romance isn't what it was before the baby was born. We've only made love 6 times since the baby was born and we never go out to dinner unless it's fast food with the kids or go for our long walks or even get to cuddle together while we watch a movie at home. We want to but just find it difficult to find the time with him working so much and the kids always needing something. I'd really like to get things back to the way they once were between us. (Now don't get me wrong, I love my kids to death and wouldn't change having them for anything, I just would like a bit more romance with Jim.)

Proud Group Owner of Done Kissing Frogs, I Found my Prince ( http://www.cafemom.com/group/frogprince ) a group for women who are proud of their man and want a place to brag and speak highly of him, Autumn Weddings ( http://www.cafemom.com/group/autumnweddings ) a group for anyone who had, is having or wants a fall wedding! And I am Group Admin for Polls Polls Polls Fun Fun Fun ( http://www.cafemom.com/group/pollsandfun ) a great, drama free group of nothing but fun, games and polls. 

sweetpea04
by on Nov. 20, 2007 at 3:26 PM
Hello, I'm Chelsey and I'm 24 years old, married to Adam 27 years old. We have been together for 5 years now and have a 3 year old daughter named, Taylore Rene. She is very outgoing, loves to play outside, have her friends over, or watch her favorite movies. I am a SAHM and my husband works about 50-60 hours a week for Brinks, Inc. We are very happy and life is great. But maybe comfortable in other area's of our relationship... I look forward to getting to know everyone in this group.

Check out my group " Mommy Circle "
USCGwife
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:25 AM
Hey everyone!! My name is Cindy my hubby is Martin and our 3 yr old is Nina.  We try to keep our sex life and romance going strong but you guys know how well that works with a 3 yr old and work and keeping the house clean and yard done.....My hubby does sooo much that I want to give him the attention he deserves but it just gets hard sometimes....lately tho I feel like I'm the one begging to go to the bed room and he is the one "too tired"...I have the best book Romancing you husband has anyone else read it? it's good...
carrierstoybox
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:45 AM
Hey Ladies! My name is Carrie and I have been married for 10 years next week. We have 3 beautiful children 7, 4,and 6 months. We are both super busy with work and the kids, but we try to talk everyday about something other then kids. It doesn't hurt any that I am also a Passion Parties Consultant. That definitely heats up our late nights!! Feel free to visit my website at www.carrierstoybox.comif you want a little something to open the lines of communication in your relationship.
Jmama1013
by on Nov. 22, 2007 at 1:53 AM
MY NAME IS AMY (24), HUBBY IS JOSH (22) & SON JAKOB IS 5.  I MET JOSH ON MYSPACE IN MARCH 2006, ENGAGED SEPTEMBER 2006 & MARRIED MARRIED MARCH 2007. WITH STRESSES OF ME WORKING 3-12HR NIGHT SHIFTS A WEEK & HIM WORKING DAYS IT HAD BEEN TOUGH ON THE ROMANCE DEPT. IT HAS ACTUALLY BEEN GETTING BETTER THIS PAST WEEK OR 2. WE STARTED LEAVING EACH OTHER LOVE LETTERS WHEN WE WERE GONNA BE GONE BEFORE THE OTHER GOT HOME OR WHATEVER. THE SEX GOT BETTER TOO. I DUNNO WHY WE HAD GOTTEN INTO A FUNK. I THINK WE SOMETIMES ARE TOO COMFORTABLE WITH EACHOTHER. IT WIERD BUT COOL.

Amy(24)  Josh(22)  Jakob(5)

~7 Babies in Heaven~   

Group Owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/redneckhusband

www.myspace.com/mamaamy

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)