Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie? Tell us about yourself

Posted by   + Show Post
Hey ladies,  My name is Nathalie.  My husband's name is Jake and we have a 3 year old daughter and a 1 1/2 year old son.  About 3 months ago we moved to the Myrtle Beach area.  We had a great relationship before our move.  We were best friends and very romantic with each other...then it all disappeared.  We just got so busy with the move...getting used to the new area, taking care of the kids, my hubby was getting used to his new job.  It all piled up on us and we had no time for each other.  Well, we finally realized how bad things were getting so we both talked about it and decided we really needed to work on our relationship.  The past 2 weeks, my kids went to Maryland with their grandparents, so my hubby and I were really able to just work on us.  It has helped so much and I am so happy to say I have my best friend back.  I know things won't always be filled with romance but I think it is important to work on keeping the spark alive...that's why I made this group.  To help us find ways to put romance back into our lives.

by on Nov. 18, 2007 at 8:41 AM
Replies (11-20):
icha
by New Member on Nov. 22, 2007 at 4:38 PM
Hi..my name is Mona, 29yo my dh will be 43yo tommorrow, we are married for 4 years, together for 6 years. We have 2 girls, 5,5 and 2,5yo. I have 3 stepchildren that should visit us every 2 weeks, depends on their momĀ“s mood..anyway,I love my life, routines,dh,dd, & job :)
MsTaraYvonne
by New Member on Nov. 26, 2007 at 2:41 PM
Hi Everyone!  My name is Tara.  I have a 2 1/2 year old son named Nolan.  My man and I got together after my sons father and I split and he is absolutly wonderful.  Treats Nolan as if he were his own.  But he works alot of hours and we both get very overwhelmed by life and its very hard to keep being romantic through it all.  We get stressed and we fight and take it out on eachother.  I know you never get things back the way they were when things were new but if we could just get some romance back that would be wonderful.  so thats why I am here! for some ideas and advice!
HickChick
by on Nov. 26, 2007 at 10:28 PM
Hi Ladies,

I am Christy 33 yrs old and am engaged to the man I met online in July. We have not set a wedding date yet for a few reasons. I have 2 children from my previous marriage and he has 1 child from his previous marriage. We are still in that new love phase, but we live an hour apart and have LARGE challenges in outr lives at this point that include but are not limited too: unemployment, special needs child and serious finacial issues. We have also started fighting but he is excellent in the "get it out and get it over with" department. He will not let anything simmer. We have had the "we need to keep the romance alive" talk, but you know how life gets in the way. I am hoping to get lots of ideas so we will continue to feel like we do now...
rsess3
by on Dec. 3, 2007 at 12:14 PM
Hello!!  My name is Rebecca and I recently joined this group.  I have been with hubby for 10 years and married 8.  We have 3 children and it is hard to find our time.  He is away from home during week and only home on weekends.  Between his laundry and honey do list and kids we just get in and get out of bedoom.  We wii be relocating our family right after Christmas so we can be together again.  I am going to have to rebuild our romance again.  We have lost it somewhere and it is scary.  Thanks.

Rebecca

Find Out Who You Are
More Graphics at

nkleintank
by Group Owner on Dec. 3, 2007 at 1:06 PM
Relationships go through ups and downs...I've learned that recently.  My hubby and I used to be so close.  Our sex life was amazing and we were best friends.  All of a sudden it stopped for some reason, I guess it was stress of the move and kids.  We're doing better now too.  It's just the way relationships work I guess.  

Quoting Jmama1013:

MY NAME IS AMY (24), HUBBY IS JOSH (22) & SON JAKOB IS 5.  I MET JOSH ON MYSPACE IN MARCH 2006, ENGAGED SEPTEMBER 2006 & MARRIED MARRIED MARCH 2007. WITH STRESSES OF ME WORKING 3-12HR NIGHT SHIFTS A WEEK & HIM WORKING DAYS IT HAD BEEN TOUGH ON THE ROMANCE DEPT. IT HAS ACTUALLY BEEN GETTING BETTER THIS PAST WEEK OR 2. WE STARTED LEAVING EACH OTHER LOVE LETTERS WHEN WE WERE GONNA BE GONE BEFORE THE OTHER GOT HOME OR WHATEVER. THE SEX GOT BETTER TOO. I DUNNO WHY WE HAD GOTTEN INTO A FUNK. I THINK WE SOMETIMES ARE TOO COMFORTABLE WITH EACHOTHER. IT WIERD BUT COOL.

Amy(24)  Josh(22)  Jakob(5)

~7 Babies in Heaven~   

Group Owner: http://www.cafemom.com/group/redneckhusband

www.myspace.com/mamaamy

HippieMom2006
by on Jan. 16, 2008 at 4:03 PM

My name is Liz.  I am 24, will be 25 in may.  My husband Lance just turned 24 yesterday.  We have two daughters, Elektra Jenay who will be 2 the end of February, and B'Elanna Kathryn who is 5 weeks old.  My husband is an Apprentice Plumber and works about 50 to 60 hours a week.  He also has class one night a week, and likes to play online games.  I am a SAHM, and on my Church Board, and my local Church School Board.  I also have a group at my church for SAHM's.  We are both just very busy, and seem to spend less and less time together.  We still love each other, we just don't have the time to show it. 

mickeylouse
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 7:49 PM
Hello Ladies,
     My name is Lisa and I am 30 yrs old my husband is Mikey 46yrs old and we have been together for 15 years and married for 10 years. We have 1 beautiful daughter Kaitlyn who is 9 yrs old. I also have 5 stepchildren (5 boys 1 girl) and 3 step-grandchildren (1 girl and 2 boys.) When we were just dating in the early 90's the romance section of our lives were great but in 1995 Mikey broke his neck and is partially paralyzed and his sex drive took a wrong turn and he just has no desire and in turn just doesn't seem interested in any intimacies of any kind. We also lead very busy lives I am a full student and we attend church about 4 times a week and he has a busy life playing Need for Speed (LOL) So any ideas that will help me will be great. I look forward to hearing and sharing with yall.
fallmomma
by on Jan. 19, 2008 at 11:29 PM
Evening ladies! My name is Jennifer and my bf/so and I share a son, Joshua who is 14 months old.  We have been together for 5 years.  We really need to work on our relationship and bringing the spark back would be a great start.  I am really looking forward to getting some good ideas and feedback from the group!!!!  Have a good night.

Cherie10
by on Apr. 10, 2008 at 8:13 PM
Hi ladies!
My name is Cherie, mommy to a 12 yr very active son and an honor to be Jeremy's wifey.  We've been bestfriends for 5 years, proposed four times while we were "just friends".  Being young at the time, I thought it was weird to be married to your friend.  Now I realize nothing in the world is more wonderful than being married to your bestfriend!  The best advice his dad gave him was to give 110% of yourself to each other and have those weekly date nights without kids.  That was the best advice, especially with our busy schedule, weekly date nights are a must.  So here we are, very much in love, and still having fun with each other.  Now dont get me wrong, we have our moments of disagreements but we always work it out and choose to be together, always encouraging each other, wanting the best for each other.  This year is our 10 year wedding anniversary and will renew our wedding vows in Puerto Rico this Aug, cant wait! 
sammy1975
by New Member on Jun. 28, 2008 at 12:54 PM
hi ladies my name is Sammy I have 2 children I am divorced and have a bf with 2 children . I work in the medical field. I perform dialysis for a living and it is hard work... long hours and lots of pt. I work 12 hr shift and drive for 2 hr so my starts at 3 am and ends at about 7 or 8 pm . I am new to this web sight and I am excited to have someone to talk to besides my bf who you just cant talk to ...lol....  i don't have any hobbies cause all I do is work and stay home with kids so I am pretty boring I guess but I am totally ok with that some-days... lol . I cant Waite to get to know everyone...
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)