Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

soccer

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 358 Total Views

Anyone else child excited about Spring soccer? My son is counting the days.

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 7:46 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Karismom123
by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 10:35 PM

I am glad he is excited! Soccer is a wonderful sport. My daughter has played for 10 years, the last 2 of them on a select team. She plays year round, indoor and out so there really is not a "season"  to be excited about. There is just a lot of good soccer!

Have a great season!playing soccer girl

Anna330
by on Feb. 26, 2010 at 12:58 AM

Now that the snow seems to be disappearing, we are very excited to Spring Soccer Season!  We have had a great experience with the two of our kids playing Tots soccer with Kids Pro Soccer--www.kidsprosoccer.com. We started at around where they were just two. Now they are introducing Mommy/Daddy and child class for babies! They just have to be able to walk and they can start the class, but I'm not sure if this not to young, plus we will be involved too (need extra workout??:)_) oh, they also do great birthday parties!

Any of you have done it or planning to try it out?

Here is some info on the program. It looks very interesting. Let me know what you all think.

In Tot and parent/child class, parents don't seem to expect a great structure in the class. However, our program is specially designed for that age group and introduces structure, rules, and discipline of soccer through fun games and interaction with constantly changing activities that keep them focused. In that early stage of learning the game of soccer, the main goal for the kids is to have enjoyable experience and learn the basics; like ball control but without the sense of being "trained", or instructed to deliver certain level of skills. Every child enjoys the classes and works/develops skills in their own unique ways.

Obviously, tots will remain tots and there will be days that they will refuse to do just about everything, but just the idea of the encouragement from coaches and parents to stay around, will eventually flourish. It's a fabulous introduction to the social setting for the little guys as well. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)