Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to Juggle 1 Child, 2 Sports

Posted by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 255 Total Views

Do any of your kids play two sports at a time?  Almost all the kids do around here.  This is the 1st time we have allowed our son to do 2 at once.  He is almost 6 and his playing coaches pitch baseball and flag football.  My husband and I are having a discussion about which sport takes priority when both are scheduled for the same night. 

The kids sports seem to get so competative here so quick and I am struggling with how my son can play all the sports he likes without being overloaded.

Thanks for any input you all have.

-Jennifer

by on Mar. 23, 2007 at 10:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
KristyB
by Group Owner on Mar. 24, 2007 at 6:52 AM

Hi there.

My cousin Ashley partipates in quite a few things at one time.  Here is a problem she ran into... She played softball and volleyball at the same time.  She missed softball practice one night, because she had a  volleyball game.  Even though Ash was the softball teams starting 3rd baseman, the coach made her sit out a game for missing practice. He said it wouldn't be fair to let her play because that would mean someone who WAS at practice would have to sit out.

My daughter is playing t-ball this year and she also takes majorettes. Her t-ball games are all on Saturday mornings.  Her majorette practices are on Wednesday nights.  She is in several parades each summer with her baton group, but the majority of those parades are on Saturday evenings, so we shouldn't run into that problem too much this year.

Once she starts regular softball in a few years, we probably will have this problem!

2kidsplustwins
by New Member on Mar. 29, 2007 at 10:45 AM
Luckily here the sports don't conflict. Right now is baseball/softball season, although soccer is during this season, but a different league and we don't do soccer so no biggy! Fall ball does conflict with football, but my boys will do football in the fall and baseball in the spring. My dd is involved in 4H though as well as softball so we do have have problems with those schedules. Personally, I wouldn't allow my children to participate in 2 sports during the same season. Focus on one and give it your all! To me it's not fair to the team if you can't make one or the other.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)