Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

do you think delaware is a good place to raise children????

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

hi my name is melissa single mother to a 5yrold girl, iam recently planning to move to georgetown,delaware do you u moms think its a good place to raise children? i jus got sick of the city life here in new york its so expensive and i feel like i need a big change for me and my little one just a change of atmosphere where i can afford a better lifestyle for my daughter..

by on Jul. 19, 2011 at 5:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Allison7777
by New Member on Jul. 19, 2011 at 8:00 PM

Delaware is a great place to live, if you want life to be a little "slower". Georgetown is located in "sld" or slower lower delaware. The population is about 1/3  Guatemalan and work in the chicken plants, so if you speak spanish, you are in! Georgetown is a small town with plenty of farmlands and wooded areas. It is only about 20 minutes from the beach and the outlets where there is a TON of traffic right now. Not much by way of shows or museums, but if you want to relax, Georgetown is the place to be!

Paigesmommy78
by Member on Jul. 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM

yes i think Delaware is a good place to raise a child Georgetown is a good area it is in lower slower delaware. not to many people and lots of framers not to far from the beach and the outlets so there is a lot of traffic there now but yeah if u want to be in a chill out and relax kinda place Georgetown would be the right area for u

VG74
by on Jul. 20, 2011 at 5:41 PM
I think lower DE is a good place to raise a child. I agree with PP that it does have a slower pace down here - I moved from a more metropolitan area to Millsboro about 15 years ago and it did take a little bit for me to adjust at first. I now have a 3 yo and we like to go to the beach, parks, etc. There are also tons of activities for kids (YMCA, dance, soccer, etc) - just look in the local papers which list local happenings. You can also check www.greatschools.com to get an idea of what the local schools are like.
cubanfattygirl
by New Member on Aug. 1, 2011 at 9:32 PM

thanks ladies ; ) btw for the mothers n fathers that  have to work 9-5pm is there any afterschool programs for kids until the parents come out of work?? 

cubanfattygirl
by New Member on Aug. 10, 2011 at 1:16 AM

BUMP!

trisha529
by New Member on Aug. 15, 2011 at 4:16 PM

I lived in lower Delaware. In fact it was Georgetown. I was a child in the fifth grade. I hated it. There was nothing to do. But times have changed so maybe there has been some growth. The school I attended was called Lord Baltimore. Horrible school!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good luck in whatever you decide.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)