Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Any VBAC mommas here?

Posted by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

My DH and I are TTC and I need a new OB.  Mine isn't delivering anymore :(  I had a c-section with my first and am looking for an OB that is open to doing a VBAC.  if you had a VBAC or know that your doctor does them and would recommend your doctor, please pass along their name.

by on Feb. 8, 2012 at 4:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
thankme
by Member on Feb. 9, 2012 at 7:00 AM

Bump sorry

Sebastian
by New Member on Feb. 20, 2012 at 6:41 PM

Ahhh..  Sorry I missed this. Not sure where you are in the state, but I have had two VBACS.  My first was with Dr Naqvi, and she's not in practice anymore in DE.  But, I think the rest of the women in her practice do it. I can't think of their names right now.. btu I will come up with them.

The second time was with Dr RIchard Henderson.  He is at st. Francis.  

If you aren't up north, let me know. I have a good friend who is a doula and she's form southern DE, and she ill know. 

If you're open to homebirth witha midwife, I can get you those names too.

NHGal
by Member on Feb. 21, 2012 at 7:37 PM

No worries!  I live off of Kirkwood Highway.  I delivered my DD at St. Francis, but with my OB no longer delivering and then a change in our insurance, St. Francis is out this time.  And I absolutely LOVE St. Francis and my doctor.

I am not really open to a homebirth, just not my thing.  I am also considered high risk because of a heart condition and prefer to be in a setting that can deal with that if it becomes a problem.

Quoting Sebastian:

Ahhh..  Sorry I missed this. Not sure where you are in the state, but I have had two VBACS.  My first was with Dr Naqvi, and she's not in practice anymore in DE.  But, I think the rest of the women in her practice do it. I can't think of their names right now.. btu I will come up with them.

The second time was with Dr RIchard Henderson.  He is at st. Francis.  

If you aren't up north, let me know. I have a good friend who is a doula and she's form southern DE, and she ill know. 

If you're open to homebirth witha midwife, I can get you those names too.

Sebastian
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:25 PM

Dr Maynard and Dr Jen Barlow were the other two I was thinking of.  Thier practice recently merged with another, so I'm not sure if that changed anything.  I can tell you that with my first VBAC, Maynard was extremely supportive, and although she wasn't "my doctor" she saw me once or twice, and gave me excellent advice to avoid a  C/S again and told me which Dr.s would be good and whihc woudl be more difficult (since you never know in these larger practices who will do the delivery.  

Like I said, nto sure if they have changed their tune, but it's worhth a try. http://www.aawdocs.com/index.html

Sebastian
by New Member on Feb. 23, 2012 at 9:30 PM

ALso, if you are looking for general VBAC information, there is a great group on here...it' in my signature. 

VBAC group: www.cafemom.com/group/vbac

Sebastian

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)