Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Finally A positive Arts/Sports After School Plus Program for my daughter* You have to check it out!

Posted by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 276 Total Views
1 mom liked this

My Daughter is a "Cabbie", she is a student at the local school of the arts.I've been searching for an after school program for her that included all the things she loved but also had strong feelings about bullying gossip and general "mean girl" behaviour.  I was astounded when I heard about then went in to see the DE Girlz Performing Arts and Sports Facility.  Its open seven days a week, starting at 3:30 when schools end and closes at 9:30 on weekdays and from 11am to 4pm on the weekends.  She is able to participate in classes such as dance in various styles, clubs such as vocal group creation club, and their main club Girlz against Gossip which she will be walking in the Elsemere Fire  Co parade with on December 9th.  She has also decided to take part in their Intensive team preparation program which gives the students 3 classes weekly at 1 1;2 hour per class with 8 or less class members add a highly certified experienced and youthful instructor.  They are working on building a program in Acrobatic Dance which is simply gymnastics training as well as dance training creatively choreographed together.  

I have been through the gymnastics classes, the dance clases, the cheer gyms, and they are all outstandingly expensive.  Especially for what we were getting, a 1 hour class with 15plus students in it, half spend on warm ups and the second half spend with over 15 students bum rushing the instructor to beg for their attention.  or they are set up in a line and end up getting about two turns to practice a running tumbling pass.  Its ridiculous especially for $89 per month.  And don't get me started with the dance classes which had the nerve to start fees from only 30 min classes WHAT CAN A CHILD REALLY LEARN IN A 30 min after warming up? And then the cheer teams that claim they cost a specific amount then after you add up all the expenses of travel and all the extras they needed all the sudden................. you end up paying double what they quoted.

At this facility my daughter can participate in open dance and tumbling facilities which both have at least two instructors in each watching children helping when they are needed, and even teaching new material, as well as tons of student governed clubs, classes provided such as dance, cheer fundamentals, and tumbling, and tons of clubs they can join, a homework area and peer tutoring program as well as monthly classes taught by featured guest instructors such as November being a Indian /belly dancing instructor.  

they also bring in photographers to update students portfolios and make sere the girls are sen by talent scouts and agents as much as possible.  All and All as after school programs go this is the most amazing I've found thus far at such an affordable rate.  They are normally always available for parent tours and program description as well as enrollment from 6-8pm Monday to Friday!  My opinion is hurry in and check this place out before others catch word and it fills up which it will and quickly! website provided www.thedeacademyofacro.com

by on Oct. 29, 2012 at 4:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Paigesmommy78
by Member on Nov. 8, 2012 at 8:54 AM

yay thats awesome glad u found something u r both happy with

NHGal
by Member on Nov. 11, 2012 at 3:54 AM
Where's it located? Sounds like a great program.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
TheDavisGirlsx3
by Member on Nov. 18, 2012 at 11:12 PM

What is the cost??

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN