Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New Mom Friends...?

Posted by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
  • 9 Replies
  • 254 Total Views

Hello,

My name is Lisa, and I am 26 years old. I have only been living in DE for about a year and a half. I live in the New Castle/Bear area. I have a 10 week old daughter, her name is Alexis. Most of my friends live back home in the Baltimore area, but none of them have kids! So basically, I'm looking to meet some mommies around my age who I can get to know! 

by on Jan. 22, 2013 at 3:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
Nikah2006
by Member on Jan. 30, 2013 at 12:39 AM
1 mom liked this

momsclub.org  Its a nice group. With moms of all ages.

leesie86
by on Jan. 30, 2013 at 10:22 PM

I checked it out, and I had actually been on the website before (I think). This might sound awful, but it just seems like a ho-hum group. Like the page looks blah...and the activities don't sound interesting at all. But, maybe that's just me

Quoting Nikah2006:

Nikah2006
by Member on Jan. 31, 2013 at 12:17 AM

I am with the Bear East group. I dont know about the other groupds. Because there are other mom groups in Pike Creek, Hockessin, and Newark. I can email you their calendar  and newsletter if you want to check it out.

Quoting leesie86:

I checked it out, and I had actually been on the website before (I think). This might sound awful, but it just seems like a ho-hum group. Like the page looks blah...and the activities don't sound interesting at all. But, maybe that's just me

Quoting Nikah2006:

leesie86
by on Feb. 2, 2013 at 12:29 PM

Yea, I would love to know more about it. Bear is just around the corner from me.

Quoting Nikah2006:

I am with the Bear East group. I dont know about the other groupds. Because there are other mom groups in Pike Creek, Hockessin, and Newark. I can email you their calendar  and newsletter if you want to check it out.

Quoting leesie86:

Quoting Nikah2006:

Paigesmommy78
by Member on Feb. 10, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Hi I live a little out the way from u but there is a parent with teachers program in Delaware that's great and the have activities and things I know they have a FB group if u wanted try and look them
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
HappySAHMnWIFE
by on Feb. 16, 2013 at 12:19 PM

HI!  I am 27 with a 15 month old. 

Have you checked out meetup.com?  There is a group called "The Mom Squad" and  a few others in the area.  The have weekly playdates.

heatherh610
by Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 5:39 AM
I know I am coming on the thread late, but my family os finally moving to Bear in June and I will be looking for mommy friends too! My older kiddos are 14, 11, & 8. My little man is 6mo old.
I don't know the area or anyone living there yet so ot should be interesting! Guess what I want to say is, hi Lisa! Hit me up if you want to chat.
mammaci
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:38 AM

Hi,I am 22 live in Delaware I have a two year old and am expecting my son in July.  We just moved as well to this area.

jenk928
by on Apr. 20, 2013 at 12:18 PM
Way late into this conversation. My kids are 19,15 &13 but I grew up and currently live in the Bear area. Check out the libraries and local churches for Moms groups too. There are some wonderful parks in the area also for the little ones to run around in.

I miss my kids being little.. sometimes..LOL
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)