Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Daycare for Infants

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM
  • 6 Replies
  • 216 Total Views

Hi there.  I am currently on maternity leave and am belatedly starting to look into daycare for my 6 week old daughter.  I was originally going to be a SAHM, but it is starting to look like that may not be a possibility and that I may have to go back to work at the end of March. 

Can any of you ladies out there give me an idea of what you pay for daycare so I can compare to some of the prices I will be getting? I am just trying to get a good picture of what it is like out there. 

Thank you.

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 6:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
HisTreasure
by Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 8:02 PM
daycare I have worked at have been 250-300 a week for infants. We found it wasn't worth it for me to work unless I worked part time so my husband could watch them. I also watch some kids while at home for some extra money.
Lauren

ElderGothMom
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:08 PM

Quoting HisTreasure:

daycare I have worked at have been 250-300 a week for infants. We found it wasn't worth it for me to work unless I worked part time so my husband could watch them. I also watch some kids while at home for some extra money.

That's really been the way I have felt about it since the beginning, I don't really want to be in the situation where so much of my paycheck goes to daycare that I feel like I am working just to pay for childcare and the extra gas from driving around. 

sooniwill86
by Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 7:12 AM

i pay 180 a week for my baby.  i did extensive reasearch on the center before i decided to send her.

TanyaR1024
by New Member on Feb. 15, 2009 at 8:27 PM

It varies greatly depending on your area. I worked in a daycare in Kent county and it was $160 for infants. Up in Smyrna it is around $220 I believe. If you are in Kent County, PM me and I can tell you a few daycares to avoid!

ElderGothMom
by New Member on Feb. 19, 2009 at 3:20 AM

I'm in New Castle county, in the Prices Corner area.  It probably would have been a little more helpful had I pointed that out in my OP.

ReginaS328
by on Feb. 20, 2009 at 5:37 PM

I'm a SAHM now, but my DS was in daycare for a year. I had him at Tutor Time in N.Wilmington but I believe there  is a location in the prices corner area.  2 years ago I was paying $235/wk.  Pricey, but I liked the staff and the fact that they were a large company  (more structure and accountability...IMO) and they had cameras in all rooms.  I felt guilty having DS in daycare, so i quit my job...but I never had a bad experience while there. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)