Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

A wonderful illustrator will be fondly remembered - Beth Krush

Posted by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 215 Total Views

Beth Krush was my illustration teacher 30 years ago at Moore College of Art in Philadelphia, and she passed away last week at the age of 90.  Along with her husband Joe she created the timeless illustrations for the children's book series "The Borrowers" along with countless - truly, countless - book and magazine illustrations through their long, creative and productive careers. I would correspond with them every Christmas, sending them my latest illustrated card and they would respond in kind.  Up until I think last year they were even teaching art together to seniors at a local senior center in Wayne, PA.

Beth was a wonderful, cheerful. soft-spoken artist who passed on so many tips to me and my classmates that I find myself using every day in illustrations.  I will always, always remember her kindness, her clear talent, her wonderful stories of her own journey.  I will honor her memory by carrying on her knowledge through my work and impart it to my students. 

Pencilpal

by on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:52 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
bookwriter4kids
by New Member on Feb. 13, 2009 at 10:55 AM

May she rest in peace 

VirginiaLowe
by Member on Feb. 14, 2009 at 6:58 AM

If it was the same version of the Borrowers that we had here, she did a wonderful job - we just loved them. Oh,it's not - i've just found a copy on my shelves Pauline Baynes did our one - the Narnia woman i think...). It must have been the American editions. We doubtless had the British!

Still an excellent and productive life. And one to remember.

Regards, Virginia

Dr Virginia Lowe
Create a Kids' Book
http://www.createakidsbook.com.au
PO Box 2, Ormond Victoria 3204
ph:   03 9578 5689
fax:  03 9578 3466
mob: 0400 488 100
Stories, Pictures and Reality: Two children tell (Routledge 2007)
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)