Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New here, new to college

Posted by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
  • 1 Replies
  • 122 Total Views

Hello everyone, I am a 26 year old military wife who recently started school again. We are stationed at Fort Bragg, NC and after many months of research, I am now attending an online college in an accelerated Bachelor program. It took me a lot of interviews with the education center on Ft Bragg, and I also had to give an interview with the VA. My husband transferred 100% of his GI Bill benefits to me, so I am extremely fortunate to have my education paid for. The school I chose is common for military and military families, so the textbooks are included in the tuition and it's such a blessing. We have a 2 year old son who is our only child, so when I graduate in 2014 he will be starting school and I will hopefully be employed as well.

I am in the Bachelors of Business Administration-specializing in Accounting. So far I have only done 1 class, and that was the "university 101" class, something to show everyone where the library and other resources are. I hope to be an accountant one day, I love working with numbers. I am a number cruncher for sure!!!

I look forward to meeting with other college moms. I want my son to be proud when someone says "YOUR MOM GOES TO COLLEGE"

by on Dec. 10, 2011 at 12:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-1):
bugslady96
by on Dec. 11, 2011 at 2:02 PM

Hi. How wonderful that your hubby has done that for you! I'm a newbie around here and in college too. It's nice to meet you, and good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)