Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Studying

Posted by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 210 Total Views
Do you ladies have any studying tips?? I have soooooooooooo much information to remember by the end of April. I'm taking my CMA exam and I feel so lost with what I'm reviewing. I know a lot of the information but I don't know how to organize this information. I would write notecards but by the time I'm finished I would have about 800 cards and that's overwhelming.
by on Mar. 28, 2012 at 3:15 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
deccaf
by on Apr. 3, 2012 at 3:34 PM
1 mom liked this

Break it down into mental notecards.  One for each area.  Write down REALLY important info for that area on a notecard.  Secondary info should be stored in your head, anyway.  Mentally write everything on a notecard and mentally pull it up as needed.  For definitions, I find writing the word or phrase on the left side of the paper, folding the paper in half and writing the definition after the fold works.  I put a whole bunch on one sheet, and read/memorize as I go.

junesmoke88
by on Jun. 22, 2012 at 12:33 PM

I took a college success skills class last spring. It had tons of interesting stuff in it about time mangement, note taking, procrastinating, etc. Try to look up the main points and highlight ht emain points of each section. My teacher for that class told us to divide a sheet of paper in half. On one side (skipping every other line) write main notes and then on the other side of the paper write questions about each of those topics.  So take a piece of paper and draw a line down the center of it with a ruler.  On the left hand side write questions and then on the right hand side write main topic notes and skip every other line.  Highlight stuff you think you would need (like for history highlight important places, dates, names), vocabulary (maybe have a separate notebook for vocabulary), etc.  This is the book we used for that class: http://osu-newark.bncollege.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/LEARNINGMOTIVATION_STRATEGIES/BNCB_TextbookDetailView?catalogId=10001&storeId=32553&langId=-1&productId=500000815948&sectionId=50629641&partNumber=MBS_794344&item=Y&displayStoreId=32553

One of our assignments (assignment 3.4) was to fill in this time sheet for one week about our schedule and then we had to write something in the bottom box under the time sheet about what we learned about ourselves that entire week.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN