Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hiiiii!

Posted by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM
  • 3 Replies
  • 178 Total Views

Good morning! Gearing up for a hellacious Fall semester and figured it was time to hook up with other moms who are in college.

I was laid off last August from my job as a corporate nurse (I'm an LPN). The writing on the wall was clear, I need to get my RN. I started back to classes last winter during the Intercession and have been full-time since then. I'm working on pre-reqs right now and application to the LPN-RN bridge program is Feb 1st 2013. I would start next summer and enter in the fall as a 3rd semester SN. I'd graduate in the summer 2014.I'm maintaining a 4.0 right now but this semester is about to change that. After I finish my ASN I plan to go right into an ASN-BSN bridge program.

Right now I'm living on UI and CP. I also live with my BF who helps out immensely!

My kids are 16, 14, 10,9 and 6. My 9 yr old son is a Type I Diabetic.

My older girls live full-time with their Dad (16 and 14) the three littles are with me 50% of the time. Obviously, with crazy custody arrangements scheduling and keeping track of that schedule is a nightmare!

Anyway, that's a bit about me. I look forward to getting to know everyone!

by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 8:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Mama2ETA
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM

Welcome to the group!

little.worthen
by New Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:19 AM
Welcome! I have been watching this group hoping that since school is about to start that it will become more active. I'm new (=
What are you going to school for?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
christina0310
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:48 PM

Congratulations on going back to school!!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)