Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello IC Mommies!

Posted by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM
  • 0 Replies
  • 406 Total Views

I found this group when I was surfing around and wanted to post to give all of you some hope.  I have five children.  Three are here with me and two are in heaven.  I have also had a miscarriage so I guess that makes three in heaven.  Anyway on to the story here.  My daughter was my one and only uncomplicated pregnancy, when she was 2 we lost a baby at 10 weeks and were heartbroken.  It was followed by a d&c.  About four months later we found out we were expecting again and were terrified when I started spotting the next morning.  The doctors ran all the numbers and rushed me in for an ultrasound when my numbers were high.  We were expecting twins.  Everything went great until 20 weeks when for no reason my cervix began dialating.  An emergency cerclage was placed and I was kept in the hospital for about a week afterward and things seemed to be going well so they sent me home.  24 hours later I was rushed back by ambulance, the cerclage had failed and I was in labor.  By the end of the day we were holding our twin daughters and simply waiting for them to die because the doctors wouldn't do anything for them since they were born before 24 weeks.  It was the most heartbreaking thing we have ever had to go through.  The doctor told us to wait six months and try again.  Somehow we found the strength to try again.  The doctor also said "it wouldn't be twins again" he was wrong.  Six months later I was back in his office once again pregnant with twins.  That time he placed a cerclage early in my pregnancy and it held even when I started having contractions at 28 weeks and was placed on strict bedrest and procardia.  (I had put myself on moderate bedrest the minute we found out we were expecting twins again.)  After two weeks in the hospital they sent me home on strict bedrest and at 35 weeks when my body could no longer hold them, our twin boys, our final two babies were born healthy and strong. 

I wanted to give all of you some hope and let you know that while IC is a terrible, heartbreaking condition in many cases it also can come out with a happy ending.  I also wanted to tell you all that if you ever need anyone to talk to please feel free to contact me through my profile, I will always try my best to help you if I can.  Also if you're in need of someone to talk to about IC please consider visiting www.sidelines.org and signing up for a "buddy" who has the same condition.  While volunteers can't give medical advice they can offer a shoulder to cry on and moral support in a time when it seems no one else can.  I've been a volunteer with them for three years now and I love every mom that I help!

Peace be with all of you and I hope that I've given you some hope here!

by on Aug. 12, 2009 at 9:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies:
There are no replies to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)