Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help

Posted by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
  • 2 Replies
  • 275 Total Views

Me and my family just moved here in August.  Did not realize how big Texas was until living here for the past few months. I thought weweregoingto move to the suburbs but nope my fiancĂ© chose downtown.  I work in Allen Texas and the commute can be brutal.  We are in need of childcare for our eight year old son from 6 pm to 8:30pm Monday through Thursday but I ve tried every search method I could think of and can't find anyone or a program that can pick him up until I get home from work.  My fiancĂ© travels and has an unpredictable schedule but that does not help me one but.  The stress made me take two days off from work because I have no one to get him for me.  Do you have any connectins or know a program downtown Dallas that will do pick up and provide evening care?

by on Dec. 18, 2012 at 11:04 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
wktchingmom
by Member on Dec. 18, 2012 at 8:34 PM

I am not far from downtown. Have u tried calling 211 and getting the information for some home centers sometimes they have later hours. I used to teach and work in a childcare enviromnemt at home. But yes Texas is big I am still figuring it out. My daughter is 4 so it was a little easier for me on that part. If I can remember the site I can send it to you. If we knew eachother I wouldnt mind helping you out.

Lwindham
by on Dec. 30, 2012 at 1:57 PM

I will try the 211 thank you. I have researched above and beyond :0). It seems all the late hour spots are in what we call the suburbs Plano, Allen, mesquite :0(. We like downtown but it's not going to work if this childcare thing does not come together.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)