Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to the area...

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 3:03 AM
  • 5 Replies
  • 292 Total Views

Hi, My name is Samantha. I am married to a wonderful man and we have 5 children.

We currently live in Alabama and will be relocating to Pensacola in a couple weeks. Neither one of us knows anyone in the area nor do we have family there. We are relocating due to my husbands career.

I would love to meet new people and would really like the kiddos to meet new friends here as well. It is going to be rough for us, not knowing anyone here.

My oldest is 9.. and then I have a 6yr old, 4yr old, 2yr old, and 1 month old.

It would also be nice to find things for the kids to do so they aren't stuck in the house or under Mom's feet the whole summer. lol

I don't know what school they will be going to yet as we are going this weekend to look for houses.

So, if anyone could give me any information as to things the kids could do or if anyone like to make new friends, please let me know.

We are a young family and very open minded and really enjoy being around friends and family.

We are so super excited to be moving to the Pensacola area and can't wait to find out what Florida has in store for us!

by on Mar. 19, 2011 at 3:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
doriselm
by Member on Mar. 25, 2011 at 1:46 PM

Hi Samantha, not sure if you are military or not. If you are there are always things to do for kids and families. Other than that if you go to visitpensacola.com and find pensacola with kids that will give you an overview as to what to do with kids. They have a zoo not too far away, and I think it is pretty much repaired now, but we always loved that zoo. Some of the things are expensive for families to do, but all in all, it is okay. We have a six-year old and a twelve-year old still at home but all other children have left the house, so that of course makes us older parents, haha. But I will say if you need to know anything about this area just ask me, if I don't know I will find out. Our kids go to Pensacola Christian Academy. My husband is at the Visitor's Center here and knows a lot about the area. I know a much about the schools here also, so just throw me the questions and I'll get back with you. Doris :-)

mercedes86
by New Member on Apr. 26, 2011 at 10:32 AM

Hi, my name is Roycelyn married to Jeremiah just moved to pensacola about 3 months ago though we only lived an hour or so from here before I know no one here. I have 3 kids and a baby girl on the way. My oldest is is 9 which is our daughter then we have 2 boys ags 5 and 20 months old and a baby girl due in aug.  Hope to chat with you soon.

Roycelyn

Preggalious81
by New Member on May. 28, 2011 at 6:53 AM

Thanks Ladies.

No we are not military. But I have 5 children that need to be intertained durring the summer...lol

We have been here about a month now.. in the Milton area. I think I've left the house maybe 3 or 4 times and that was to take care of school stuff. Since we don't know anyone or anything to do. I mean I have a 4 yr child who is Autistic, a 2 yr going through terrible 2's and a 3 month old.... Not going it alone and really don't feel like waiting til the hubs gets home around 4 or 5. So frustrating..

Wondering if I made the right choice.

BTW... Roycelyn, Congrats on the new baby girl!!!

doriselm
by Member on Jun. 16, 2011 at 1:29 PM

Hope things are better for you now. Did you look up the visitpensacola site? Many times though things one would like to see are costly. I been to the Milton area a few times, although it wasn't my thing, it seems really safe up there and it is pretty. They do have a lot of festivals that are not too costly. Don't know if cost is an issue with you, but Sam's Fun City is a great place to take kids and I think it is fun for the younger and then there is Surf City, but yours may be a bit small for that. I planted a garden with my kids and we have been eating out of it for some time now and will continue to do so, it is fun for us and the children. Just need a little area in the yard. I am familiar with Autism, but there are different levels and branches of it. You should be able to get him/her into some kind of a program through the state, it's like a preschool type thing. Don't dispair things will come together. Staying in the house is not a good thing, it would drive me insane. Let me know how you are doing. Take care. Doris :-)

MRZDAUGHERTY
by New Member on Jun. 19, 2011 at 12:15 PM

HELLO......I LIVE IN PENSACOLA..HAVE 2 BOYS AGES ARE 6 & 8

IM CRYSTAL AND MARRIED BEEN MARRIED FOR A YEAR NOW....BOTH MY BOYS ARE IN A PRIVATE SCHOOL....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN