Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

New to Pensacola and CafeMom

Posted by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 161 Total Views

Hi Everyone,

My friend suggested CafeMom as a way to meet new moms in the area.  So here is my first post :)

My husband is in the Navy and we recently PCS'ed to NAS Pensacola this month.  We are in the process of buying a home and close on August 20th in the Bay Meadows area.  We have two little boys, Jacob is six, and Ryan is 10 months.  Jacob starts school on the 24th and is going to Pleasant Grove Elementary.

Until we close on the house on the 20th, we are staying in a hotel on base.  The boys and I are feeling kind of caged and are looking for some things to do over the next five days.  Does anyone have any suggestions?

Hope to hear from you all soon,

Angie

by on Aug. 14, 2009 at 12:14 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
katieslate
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 7:34 AM

As far as things to do in pcola you can always go to the mall or the movies. There are also museums downtown. The beach is also great.Sams fun city they have gocarts and arcade games as well as a water park.zoo in gulf breeze. the gulfariam in ft walton beach.Fast eddies also has go carts- they are located on w street.miniture golf you can do that at fast eddies or on pcola beach at tiki. And since you are on base you can go to the nas musuem as well as the fort. Its awfully hot so i you do go there go early or late in the ay. the lighthouse is pretty cool too. I dont know the hours for that one. there is also a railroad museum downtown. THe tk wentworth museum downtown and the fort are free.Pjc also has a planetarium.You can also go skateing. theres dreamland skate center and a few others. Bowling too. THere are three or four bowling ally. Deluna lanes is the best in my opinion. They also have an arcade. now the mall cordova amall to be exact  has an arcade inside too. My name is katie And I livein century/atmore were right on the line. But in order to find anything to do we have to go to pcola. I have a six week old daughter. I hope that this helps yu all stay occupied.

JJ1965
by on Aug. 15, 2009 at 9:33 AM

Today, Saturday the 15th, Pensacola is having a big celebration for the city's 450th birthday.  I wish I could go, but my hubby has to work :(   It is an all day and night thing!

http://www.pnj.com/article/20090809/NEWS01/908090315

BTW, Welcome to Pensacola!  I have lived here since 1987!

treadmill~ Jill ~ 

dana11986
by New Member on Aug. 29, 2009 at 12:54 AM

for some simple fun for you 10 month old i would recommend going to the naval museum b/c they have an amazing play area in there..my kids could play there for hours!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)