Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hello again ladies (w/progesterone ?)

Posted by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM
  • 3 Replies
  • 299 Total Views

Hey girls, I wanted to put up a POSITIVE post (if you know what I mean).  I have been apart of this group for a year now.  I had a miscarraige in Jan of this year and a stillborn in Sept of this year.  I am happy to announce that I am pregnant again.  I am 5 weeks tomorrow.  I know that is not very far along and I have a LONG way to go.  But I feel very optimistic about this.  My faith in the Lord is very strong and He has healed me and given me much strength.

My doctor is being very proactive and cautious with me because I am 39 years old.  He has me on progesterone suppositories (very fun btw), baby aspirin, and prenatals.  I have been reading up on the side effects from progesterone supplements.  I have only been taking them for 5 days and the only s/e I have is IRRITABILITY.  Other than that, I feel pretty good.  Is irritability a big s/e and is there anything that can help?  I love my dh dearly and I feel bad for him right now.  I am just not that fun sometimes.  I thank the Lord everyday for this miracle and I have so much joy right now.  I just don't want to bite dh's head off for something as small as using the wrong utensil.

Thanks again ladies and I look forward to sharing with everyone each other's journey through pregnancy.

Kelli

pregnancy week by week

by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 8:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
ArtisticMom2005
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 9:45 PM

Thanks for the "positive" post. :-) I'm glad to rejoice with you in your good news!! That's soooo exciting! I come from a family where the Lord has worked so many wonderful miracles in the lives of my family members and I have come to know that the doctors NEVER have the final say...only God does. God knows the desires of your heart and wants to bless and prosper you! I hope for only the best for you and this baby!

I've never taken the medications that you are on. My own irritatbility though during pregnancy is something that I have struggled with. I feel the same way...I don't like to bite DH head off but sometimes I tend to snap. I've gotten a lot better about it though. :-) I honestly have just been praying more and reading more into God's word and the closer I have grown to God the more my own heart has changed and my patience has grown. I'm not perfect by any means but I'm improving on controlling my moodiness each day. :-)

jridgill
by on Dec. 15, 2008 at 10:16 PM

I took everything you are currently taking and I am breastfeeding my miracle right now! You will have your miracle soon! Congratulations

theonecilla
by on Dec. 16, 2008 at 6:44 AM

I think irritability is a side effect of pregnancy in general :)

I too used progesterone suppositories and I didn't notice any side effects.  (Oh but they are gross, aren't they?)  My little boy is 4 weeks old now and he's perfect.

Hope everything goes well for you!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)