Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Tailbone pain!!!!

Posted by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 402 Total Views

Constant and severe is the pain!  Standing, walking, sitting, laying down. Doesnt matter 85% of the time my tailbone is killing me!  It started about 2-3 months ago and has gotten worse.  what could be causing this?  Ive never injured my tailbone in anyway.........so its not an old injury.
Im 23 weeks

by on Aug. 28, 2009 at 1:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
MamaMadge
by Group Owner on Aug. 30, 2009 at 4:07 PM

I would call your OB/Midwife about this.  It is most likely the effects of hormones on your bones/ligaments/joints but it would be best to be checked out.  The added hormones naturally loosen ligaments and the weight of your uterus can add pressure to nerves.

If it is affecting you 85% of the time, they should check it out and recommend some massage or physical therapy for you.  You still have 17 weeks to go and you need to be able to get around!!

Good luck!

MelaniesMama
by on Sep. 1, 2009 at 12:47 PM

I will deffinitly bring this up with my Dr @ my Appt on Friday. Thanks!

Quoting MamaMadge:

I would call your OB/Midwife about this.  It is most likely the effects of hormones on your bones/ligaments/joints but it would be best to be checked out.  The added hormones naturally loosen ligaments and the weight of your uterus can add pressure to nerves.

If it is affecting you 85% of the time, they should check it out and recommend some massage or physical therapy for you.  You still have 17 weeks to go and you need to be able to get around!!

Good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)