Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

PIOG: c-section scar bump (may be TMI)

Posted by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM
  • 5 Replies
  • 9052 Total Views

I had my second c-section 6 months ago.  When I was taking a shower the other day, I felt a small bump on my scar.  When I looked at it, I noticed it was dark.  I also have had a brownish discharge for the past couple of days.  That part of my scar has always been a little itchy or sore, but I figured that was normal for healing.  I feel fine, so I don't know if I should call the doctor or just wait a few more days.  Has anyone had this happen after a c-section?  Here's a picture of the bump.

by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 4:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
CTRedSoxMom
by on Dec. 1, 2009 at 6:06 PM

It looks like it may be a keloid (sp?)

Well Behaved Women Rarely Make History

Mom to
Camden Kent 12/11/07
&
Benjamin Emil 05/17/09

Pipersmom2006
by Member on Dec. 3, 2009 at 12:35 AM

What's that? I was worried about staph, but it doesn't appear to be red or swollen around there. If it's itchy it could be yeast (I've got trouble w/ that on my left side where it laps over a bit), but it would feel damp & warm, not a definite on being red though b/c mine is just damp & itchy. I'd have the Dr. check it out if you can though, & try to keep it clean & dry. DON'T pop it though b/c if it's staph it'll spread VERY quickly & it's VERY contagious & VERY hard to treat. We all have staph living on our bodies & sinuses anyway, & normally this isn't a problem but sometimes the immune system gets weakened or there's a break in the skin (c-section?) & the bacteria get a little rowdy, lol. Keep us posted...

Pi's Mom

rachydi253
by on Dec. 10, 2009 at 1:23 PM

Thank you for your replies.  I don't know what happened, but the bump has lightened in color so that it's not really visible anymore.  There is still a small bump that I can feel, but not like it was.  So I'm just going to keep an eye on it, but I'm not going to worry about it too much anymore.  Thanks again for your replies! 

BenAndHarlow
by New Member on Apr. 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM
Hello. I too had the same thing happen after my second c-section. I went to the doctor to find out about it and she told me it was in fact a keloid , it got lighter with time and hasn't bothered me since I still have a little bump there but the doctor said that's completely normal.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
esuperfical
by Member on Apr. 6, 2012 at 1:55 PM

It could be an ingrown hair, thats what it looks like to me.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)