Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How to find a doctor? Need help badly asap!

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM
  • 6 Replies
  • 385 Total Views

Since my son was a c-section baby I was told that this time I have to have a c-section. So I have to switch doctors because my doctor doesnt do cesareans. I am freaking out because he has been my doctor forever. So how do you go about picking a new doctor? I have two to choose from in the clinic I want to go to. One is a new Doctor and one is an older doctor. I have no idea and I have not met any of them. I dont know how to just pick one off of a page. I am so sad. because my last c-section was the scariest thing in my life. I almost lost my son! I just dont know how i can put my childs life in someones hands that Ive never met.. So how can I decide. Any input would be helpful. Thank you.

Ps. I have to pick by tuesday this week. Yikes its coming up fast.

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 12:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
Pregomommy255
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 5:18 PM

bump please

LysNVantesMom
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 8:26 PM

They won't let you try for a VBAC with your doctor you have now?

~Be who you are and say what you feel cause those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.~

Pregomommy255
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM

My hospital has a motto...once a cesarean always a cesarean... thats it... they wont do it.

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

LysNVantesMom
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Wow, I would try and switch hospitals.  That's a stupid rule. VBACS are very successful for most people and if not you'd just end up with another C-section, but they should at least let you try.

~Be who you are and say what you feel cause those who matter don't mind and those who mind don't matter.~

IamLilysMom
by Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:28 PM

That's what my previous OB told me w/ DD#1. I fired her, got a midwife & had an amazing hospital VBAC w/ DD#2

Quoting Pregomommy255:

My hospital has a motto...once a cesarean always a cesarean... thats it... they wont do it.

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

au natural VBACing, breastfeeding, co-sleeping momma to Lily & Lilah!

CafeMom Tickers

Pregomommy255
by Member on Jan. 5, 2010 at 1:35 AM

the only other hospitals around here are between and hour to three hours away!

Quoting LysNVantesMom:

Wow, I would try and switch hospitals.  That's a stupid rule. VBACS are very successful for most people and if not you'd just end up with another C-section, but they should at least let you try.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)