Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Newbie ... my story!!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM
  • 2 Replies
  • 303 Total Views

Hello ladies! First of all let me say that I finally feel at home reading some of your stories!! Thanks for that!! Let me introduce myself. I'm 28y/o Mommy of one DS who turned 3 in February and have an awesome DH who is a former Marine. When I found out we were finally prego the first thing I thought was I'm having a boy and DH will be deployed. Wow, that was God's way of preparing me for what was about to come!!! I was 7 months prego when we found out that DH was headed to Iraq, talk about stress and emotions! We decided to discuss inducing with our dr. He decided that DS could come 3 weeks early because he was a BIG healthy boy!! So the day after my 25th birthday we report to the hospital. I'm contracting and 4 cm. And I had no clue I was in labor already... good way to start the day!! After some pitocin my water broke at 3:15 and we had HARD labor all night. Wait I had hard labor, DH slept through every stinking contraction and my best friend learned how to be a labor coach on the spot!! The next morning we discover that DS is star gazer (head up) so that made my delivery more complicated. Finally 10 cm and time to PUSH... yep for 3 hours I pushed!!! Needless to say I got nowhere and DS was STUCK!!! So the doctor says, we are going to have an emergancy c-section but "I PROMISE you can have a VBAC next time"... famous last words!!!! So after one terribnle ride in my bed to the OR and me exhaused from 36 hours of labor, I hear every mothers favorite noise, my baby cry!! So a quick kiss and off to the nursery with DH!!  I hear the door shut and PAIN!!! Yes Pain!! Apparently there was tearing between my uterus and cervix. That took 3 units of blood and 3 hours to put me back together. Everyone in our family got to hold DS before me and waking up in recovery to a silent nurse was no fun. No one would tell me what happened or where my baby was. We both survived and DH got to experience the whole thing, but left the day we got home from the hospital.

After seeing 3 doctors I know that I can have another baby but a second c-section is a must. Now we are on our first month of TTC#2, praying for a healthy pregnancy and baby!!! 

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
amberh0225
by on May. 14, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Just reading your post its over a month old. Hope all is well with you. Good luck getting preggers!

keeckhardt
by New Member on May. 20, 2010 at 8:17 AM

Thanks Amber!! I actually got preggers my first month but had a m/c. Things are back to normal now so we are shooting for another February baby!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)