Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not Sure How I Feel...

Posted by on May. 20, 2010 at 7:11 PM
  • 4 Replies
  • 322 Total Views

I'm expecting #3 after having two c-sections as advised by my previous OB. Dh and I were talking the other night about trying for a VBAC b/c we honestly believe that the risks are lower in a vaginal birth than repeat surgery! The biggest reason why we are nervous is that we don't know if we are "done" having kids...A LOT of OB's won't deliver anymore than 3 c-sections (I have NO idea why) so we are kind of put in a rock and a hard place. I have been looking into a midwife but they won't take me after 2 c-sections. So now I'm screwed either way. To add insult to injury, I found out that my OB has a 97% c-section rate at my old hospital!!! Ugg.

by on May. 20, 2010 at 7:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Daynaof3
by Group Admin on May. 20, 2010 at 9:51 PM

Wow, that's a HUGE c-section rate! I would recommend joining VBAC moms here on cafemom.

KamiLynn
by on May. 21, 2010 at 11:56 AM

I'm actually part of that group, they just don't seem to be as active as this one :)

Quoting Daynaof3:

Wow, that's a HUGE c-section rate! I would recommend joining VBAC moms here on cafemom.

Roadfamily6now
by Bronze Member on May. 22, 2010 at 11:47 AM

Find a new OB asap!! you do not need to have another c-section just because.

www.cafemom.com/group/1540 is a very active VBAC support group. I am there daily plus at least a dozen other regulars. We have nearly 1500 members and tons of links to educational sites and information.

I think one reason why this group is more active now is that more women are having C-sections and also more of them are questioning those c-sections.

VBACs are making a come back, slowly but surely.  

Tammy

Mom to 4, surrogate mom to 3

Wife for 16 years to my main squeeze.

Doula, Childbirth Educator, Student Midwife

"I Refuse To Be Confused!" Anonymus

mercilove
by New Member on Jun. 1, 2010 at 9:29 PM

I had a c-sec in feb.. and I would like to have a VBAC the next time.. You should definitely attempt to have a VBAC that way you can continue to have more children if you want. Good Luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)